View Full Version : Anyone notice an increase in effectiveness when taking stims w/ Wellbutrin XL??

Drizzy
09-01-11, 04:05 AM
Seeing as how it works as an NDRI, and stimulants increase norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain, it SHOULD increase the effectiveness of meds like Adderall/Vyvanse etc...right?

I noticed it really helped my depression but I didn't necessarily feel it affected the effectiveness of my Adderall

I definitely recommend getting the brand name Wellbutrin XL, which they have an awesome coupon for on their website. It worked 10x better than the generic

quirkyscrawler
09-01-11, 03:21 PM
Hmm, unfortunately I've noticed a slight decrease in the efficacy of the Adderall, actually...It still works, it's just more subtle. Hmm...

No euphoria/"kick" to it, but I guess that's okay...it still helps me to function/be more productive.

aarondev
09-25-11, 05:34 AM
Yeah, generic for this one is a joke.

You can't really place 'shoulds' with psychiatric medicine. We're sort of at the 'leeches for bad blood' in terms of how long they've been around versus conventional medicine. In reality, there's actually no way of truly knowing how these things act. Most of the drugs are only believed to be working in such a way. Stimulants are a little less like this simply since their very similar to opiates and therefore have been around longer. e.g. Meth in a varied form was given to soldiers to fight fatigue and fear

So some people have reported the benefit. Others otherwise. For myself, I think its assisted because the Wellbutrin (for me Aplenzin) helps clear my head a bit for the adderall. But the latter is severely impacted by nearly any citrus in my system.

Good luck