View Full Version : I hate sleeping.

TheJaredwhat
09-01-11, 07:54 AM
Sleeping is possibly my most hated part of my day. I've always had trouble sleeping, but used to just shrug it off. But in the past year or so I've realized I need to be awake and active during the day for certain things.. Like the meeting I have tomorrow.. (reason I'm writing this is because it's 5 am and I'm not sleeping..)

The thing that ****es me off the most is it's likes my body is just immune to every medication I try. Which isn't much, because my doctor won't prescribe me any serious sleeping medications, only clonidine. T_T Which seems to be as much of a crap shoot as me actually sleeping. It'll make me really tired but I won't sleep, this goes on for about 2-3 hours when it wears off and then I'm left feeling more awake then ever. The same thing happens when I take melatonin.

My doctor also wants me to have a sleep study. The thing about that is what information are they going to get? I've never been able to sleep in a new place/bed after maybe 2 weeks, so I'm just going to go there and lay awake all night anyways.

I'm honestly at a point where banging my head against my wall or somehow knocking myself out is the only option to actually get some rest.

Bah, sorry for the frustrated rant, any ideas?

Edit: I use commas too much...

ginniebean
09-01-11, 09:53 AM
I'd go to the sleep study maybe they can figure it out.

Alex9
09-01-11, 07:10 PM
I agree with ginniebean. Hopefully it will help your doctor get some information that will help you receive appropriate treatment. Maybe you won't fall asleep, but I don't see any huge downside to at least trying the sleep study.

Also, it seems weird that your doctor won't prescribe you any "real" sleep meds given how bad your insomnia sounds. I looked up clonidine on pubmed and insomnia isn't even listed as an off label use. Maybe your doctor just doesn't understand how much difficulty you actually have sleeping. He's probably worried about you becoming dependent on them, but I think that's a justifiable risk when you're having so much difficulty sleeping.

eggyolkes
09-02-11, 10:06 PM
I also agree with ginniebean. It's probably not a bad idea to try the sleep study to help you get some answers. Hope everything goes well!