View Full Version : Caffeine + Ephedra

fatality
09-03-11, 04:51 PM
Hello,

I am a former ritalin / adderall patient for ADHD. I quit the medications as I did not find a suitable balance for both cognitive and physical stimulation, to treat my disorder effectively.

Normally, I don't like to post - "what I believe to be treatments" without sufficient data collected by my own experiences at what are my own attempts to "self-medicate", though, today I have discovered a self break through.

Today I took 400mg caffeine, with 12.5mg ephedrine. I just want to note, this was actually too stimulating for me, but enough to kick me in the *** and wake me up from "the fog" and help me think without losing concentration. How did I discover this combination, well, I'll get to that in the next paragraph.

I discovered from my own experience, that caffeine in large amounts (*200-400mg*) felt like I was on ritalin, so to speak. I could FEEL the stimulation, and, it wasn't that great. It would induce a state of hyperfocus, which, I don't exactly like.

So anyways, after self medicating with caffeine - (* my mother had gotten me started on this route, as a child she used to pack a mountain dew or diet caffeinated beverage in my lunch to help calm me down *), and feeling the "dirty" stimulation effects, I quit caffeine as a sole treatment for good.

I have asthma, and I discovered through various ADD blogs and user comments that ephedra had helped some particular individuals - focus and calm down. I went to the pharmacy and procured "primatene mist" tablets for asthma, - you really don't need a Rx, just ask for them and present your I.D.

I had found that ephedra, felt more like Adderall / Dexedrine more than anything. 25mg of ephedrine was what I was normally taking. I had taken 50mg and found it to be a bit over powering - to the extent, where colleagues at my work were asking why I was so "quiet", as I was acting robotic in a way.

Anyways, so today I decided to combine the mentally stimulating effects of caffeine, and the wakefulness of ephedra - to create my own sort of "treatment". I didn't think it would really work, only maybe keep me up and give me a sparatic boost of energy with no real mental cognitive enhancement. Well, I was wrong...

I had turned to nicotine for it's stimulating effects. It sort of helped me come back to reality. Well, I decided to have a cigarette and kind of ease my mind about the daily stresses in life - when all the sudden.. IT KICKED IN. And HARD. I felt disorientated at first, to the extent where I actually had to put out my cigarette and go inside to lay down - as I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I laid down, recollected myself, and my breathing for a good 10-15 minutes, and decided to test my psychological and physiological state.

It's so much easier to read, my vision has improved - *things are not blurry, it's like I have a new eye perscription*, verbal memory has improved, and it's just easier to think.. I can think deep about something, w/o jumping to a completely different topic - as it was "too boring to think about".

Anyways, I'm going to try 200mg caffeine and 12.5mg ephedra tomorrow. As the current dosage I am on - is way to overpowering. I feel like I could write and go on and on, as a good example. I never write or emphasize this much on anything.

Anyways, I digress to a point - in the bodybuilding industry, there is a combination of OTC food supplements called the "ECA Stack" - ephedrine, caffeine, and asprin. Note, I did not take asprin - but I guess it's not uncommon for ephedrine and caffeine to be combined. I'm not promoting this combination's safety, if you decide to experiment like I did - be careful, and I would slowly titrate from a low dosage until you feel better. How will you know if you feel better? You'll just know.

amandave
09-08-11, 01:32 AM
Where in the world did you buy the ephedrine? It has been banned for sometime.

fatality
09-10-11, 09:24 PM
Pharmacy. Ask for primatene mist tablets, you don't need a Rx. I got a box of 60 tabs for $10. each tab contains about 12.50mg's of ephedrine. I take around 37.50mg's-50mg's. I don't really like it. It slows me down makes me extremely depressed. Sometimes I get energy boosts from it. Most of the time I'm robotic. Pointless thread I shouldn't have made, if it helps someone best of luck.

BalanceisKey
12-29-11, 02:07 AM
1,3 dimethylamylamine is better then ephedrine

nomoredenial
12-29-11, 02:44 AM
1,3 dimethylamylamine is definitely very good. its also called DMAA. before i was diagnosed i self medicated with ephedrine/caffeine, bc it "fixed" whatever it was that was wrong with me, and monster energy drinks before that (3 a day, spaced out, like medication lol). im really into sports supplements and how they work, and i know alot about it. OP, ill pm you a little write up i did on ephedrine. the application is for weightloss, but you could use the info to help you tinker around. for amandave, ephedrine was banned so the FDA could make some big $$, and any of the other reasons are just BS. it is still sold OTC in a bunch of medications...odd that it is ok to be used in asthma meds, but its EVIL in weightloss meds...lol

FlexOne
12-29-11, 03:11 PM
The ECA stack is what I used for years. Also being a competitive bodybuilder, I have used other stimulants ie. Clenbuteral and Cytomal. All have positive effects on my ADHD. I cycle them so that the body has little chance to adapt to the drugs. The downfall is very high, highs and then crash lows. It is like a shot of pure adrenaline. But, long term use can burn out the adrenal and thyroid glands.