View Full Version : I have ADD and both binge eating disorder. When did your appetite come back?

mooose
09-03-11, 05:02 PM
Hi. I am suffering from binge eating disorder generated from
several months of Bullimia.

I was diagnosed with ADD last week,
and the doctor prescribed me with Adderall IR 10mg.
I'm taking 20mg in the morning right after when I wake up,
and 10mg at 3:00pm. So basically I am taking 30mg daily.

Before I was prescribed with the med, I was looking foward so much
of adderall because I knew it would suppress the appetite.

It has been a week that I have been on Adderall,
and I had lost my appetite for a first few days
but I can sense that my appetite is slowly coming back.
I am not abusing the meds, but I really like the fact that
I am able to concentrate and lose appetite at the same time.
Before I took the med, all I could think about was food every minute.

I know that psychiatrists prescribe Adderalls to treat people with
eating disorders.

Especially for people who had eating disorder(bullimia/binge eating)
when did your appetite come back?

judayxlo
09-04-11, 10:28 PM
I also really liked the idea of Adderall causing lack of appetite!

I wasn't ever diagnosed with it, but I believe I have an eating disorder. (Binge-eating, same as you)
The first few days I took it (actually not even few, the first TWO days lol) I noticed that my appetite was decreased a little bit--I didn't really feel like eating, but I ate just because I had to.

Today I feel that it's back but I controlled myself. Everything seemed delicious to me again. -__-;;
So if anyone has an answer to this I would also appreciate it. lol.

Etcetera
09-05-11, 11:34 AM
I'm on Concerta and my lack of appetite has been standing for a few weeks now.

I am capable to eat something, but I feel stuffed so quickly. In fact, I lost 5 kilos the last week (since I upped my dosage). I am not complaining just yet and I do say, in the evening, I am hungry still.

On the other hand, I've never really ate regularly - but even last Saturday, at my mom, my favorite dish and I barely ate half a plate. Usually, I would've had seconds.

erin_m
09-06-11, 02:07 AM
I'm on both Adderall and Wellbutrin. With the Adderall in my system, I'm often not that hungry. On a usual workday, it's not uncommon for me to not eat until 3 pm. But when the Adderall wears off, better lock up the cupboards and fridge! Sometimes I get really hungry and totally overdo it. I've always had a weight problem, always been a little overweight.

I've been losing weight lately, but not all of it's because of the Adderall. Partly it's stress, too. The funny thing with the combo of meds is that it decreases my drive to eat. Sometimes needing to eat is more of an inconvenience than anything else. Plus, no eating when bored. :D

judayxlo
09-07-11, 12:22 AM
No eating when bored!
How do you do it!

I tend to eat more because of the boredom !!

quirkyscrawler
12-23-11, 03:30 AM
Eating for me doesn't have much to do with hunger...more of a constant craving for flavors, etc. (And I have the boredom issue too, despite having so much I'm supposed to be doing!) I gained 15 lbs. this past semester in school despite being on Adderall (sometimes it helps a little with the appetite thing, but not a whole lot)...I think that eating was probably my stress outlet...However, I notice that once I start eating candy I crave it more, and if I don't have it in my system for a while, the cravings go away...Same with potato chips and whatnot...It helps that I'm visiting my mom right now, so I'm not doing the food shopping...there's only healthy stuff around...