View Full Version : GGRRRR I do the work, he gets the money .....

salleh
09-12-11, 11:48 PM
Thgis is not a big deal, just a few plastic bottles that I have left over from the soda bottles.....Now Mike recycles everything ......

he started to take my bottles out of the crates he keeps his empty wine bottles in in the utility room, and put them beside the crates....

Then today in his usal snotty daytime voice said ....Sally, take these bottle out of here......so I did ...and put them in the recycling big trash can ......

that felt kinda petty but screw him .....

just now, he said Sally take the bottle out of the bin and put them in the crates......I said it's dark I can''t see in the dark......and as he went to do it ....I said ...

I do the work, you get the money ...

went in the house and slammed the door .....

like I said it's petty ...but if he wants the money from the bottles he can put them in the crates his own self .....

but I will probably do it ....and resent the hell out of it ......

Living with Mike is like being a yo-yo.....daytime he's a jerk, once he's got some wine in him....he's usually better .....this is the first time he has been a jerk when he's had some wine ......

And he had promised to fix the battery post on my car today, and didn't talk to me all day long, as he went in and out....and then just left at 2 to do his caretaking of a friends kid he does every Monday.....

......he knows I am scared to go out in the car when I don't know if it will start......and it's been like this for 2 weeks, not to mention he had to come and help me start it last Sat . and yelled at me for not getting it fixed.....he had better things to do at 4 on a Sat........then 2 days after that, he saying ...oh I said I'd fix it don't go and pay money, it's an easy fix.....

Sorry to kavetch, but honestly, he drives me crazy sometimes .......he gets this Lord of the Manor thing going and ggrrrrrrrr

Possum
09-13-11, 12:54 AM
It can be tough living with someone, keeping finances straight, etc. Mike sounds like he may be passive/aggressive in addition.

I'm the same age as you, and I cannot imagine living with someone else. I'd kill them or they'd kill me. I've considered moving in with my friend Jim to save money, but our life styles are completely opposite, and it would come to a bad ending. I admire that you are able to stand up for yourself the way you do and put up with such a difficult person.

If he's the one buying and drinking the wine, then he should be the one doing the recycling. If he makes you do it, you should just take them in for the cash yourself. I bet he'd stop asking you to do his work for him real quick after you did that a time or two!

sarahsweets
09-16-11, 07:42 AM
Try refilling all the wine bottles and stack them all over the place. You could say you're doing your environmental duty by reusing. Then he can dump them out and take care of them. I'm a smart *** though so maybe its not good advice.