View Full Version : I believe that I may have found a cure.

perfectlypeg
09-14-11, 10:47 AM
Oh, gosh doesn't that sound like a scam? I apologize for sounding fakish but I do have sound, reliable information about how my fibromyalgia was cured in 2006. Although I have Primary Immune deficiency and a complete endocrine shut down, I no longer have the symptoms of fibro that I had from 2001-2006.
If my memory is right, I had somewhere in the range of35 pain sites. It was maddening as I can still remember how much agony I felt.
It wasn't a short fix, or was it a cheap fix. But in May 2005 I began doing hyperbaric oxygen thereapy 3 times per week. I did this for a whole year. I didn't do the HBOT for Fibromyalgia, so I wasn't keeping track of any kind of progress where it was concerned. My priority was immunity and the HBOT enabled me to not take so many antibiotics and still keep my pathogen level low enough that I could handle it.

Anyway, about eight or nine months into these "dives" I did notice that my pain was getting less. But it was so gradual and so subtle that I just brushed it aside telling myself that it was a placebo effect and that it would come back right away. But it didn't. So I guess that is why it is only now that I am feeling positive enough to say that it did cure my fibro. I've never written about this before, so you are the first.
I just want to say that I've been told that all seriously ill people also have fibro as part of their designated disease process. Like cancer patients or aids patients tend to also have fibro, but it isn't usually said much about because it is not the main focus of treatment. Often times the patients are already on pain medication. I think that some of the focus tended to get sidetracked as a means for a doctor to be able to have a code to file it for insurance. I remember when it wasn't a formal disease yet and those early years trying to convince somebody...anybody to believe me was to a point where you couldn't pay for support. It seemed so hopeless. But I want to encourage you that there are different ways that you can benefit from either a remission or a cure. I know that you have do the work in finding them. My thoughts are with you, applauding every time you gather up that hope one more time, to try one more time. There is no set pattern as to how much suffering is required before relief, I wish I knew of some way to be able to have that peace. But I have hope for you, you just never know what's around the corner. You began again once before, you can begin again today.
perfectlypeg
My insurance paid for my HBOT treatments but it is not a guarantee. I went to the doctor referred by the HBOT center because I figured he would know all the in's and out's to get it through insurance. Even though I would never go to that doctor again as he didn't seem that bright, he served my needs. The treatments otherwise costs 135.00 per session and were done in an individual capsule taking an hour and a half counting the time to go down and come back up. I watched a movie if I didn't sleep. Ears popping was the only symptom I had.Arcaic taboos regarding hyperbaric medicine are finally dissolving due to real information about its benefits. Once doctors figure out how to make a profit on each dive, they will tout it as a cure for everything.

Guiltripped
05-08-12, 04:13 PM
I know Oxygen treatment for colapsed lungs also helps sick cells that are already in recovery regenerate. This is due to the cells need of oxygen. It is simple and true. I have been diagnosed with CFS but seem to be getting better due to a lifestyle change and lots of antioxidants and grains. I eliminated barley & malt only because I personally am allergic to it. I also have had enviro. allergy shots off and on for 2 yrs and a couple of months. Read my intro for more details on my diagnoses. All the best!

js81pa
05-10-12, 04:06 AM
Glad you found something that works for you, it shouldn't be discounted.

JamalJ
07-12-12, 12:08 AM
congratulations. It must of been very frustrating having a disease that isn't listed yet. Oh the early days...

Why We Dance
07-16-12, 02:54 PM
HBOT kills undiagnosed Lyme bacteria which is extremely common and a common root cause of FM. It's a hit or miss treatment though because the Lyme coinfections can be made worse. As mentioned, other potential causes of FM can probably be treated by HBOT too, but some can be made worse. I wouldn't try it casually.

source: had severe lifelong CFS that was Lyme treated for 5 years, including 2 months of HBOT. Am now among the healthiest persons I know.

alisha99
07-20-12, 05:16 AM
It is good that you found something that work for you.

ginniebean
07-20-12, 01:50 PM
There aren't many people that can afford 1200.00 a month to do this sort of treatment.

dresser
01-10-13, 05:54 PM
yes siree WE dance with Perfect peg soooo happy for yooozzz two thats tony the TIGER GREAT!!!!!! that info is going in my shirt pocket on the left side right over my heart. thats one sweet HIGH for me thanks an keep coming back