View Full Version : Anyone taking Cymbalta for fibro?

Piper30
09-15-11, 09:27 AM
A few weeks ago my Dr added Cymbalta to my treatment plan. I'm not ready to say if I like it or dislike it so far my experience is ify lol
My first day I took it mid day which I will not do again. Not long after my first dose I felt as though my entire body was asleep and I was floating. Walking around was just not a good idea and about four hours after my 30mg capsule I noticed my eyes were so dilated my brown eyes looked all black ...very starting. I decided to sleep..a sleep that lasted around 14 hours. My fiance called the Dr who assured us that the side effects would slowly taper off, give the drug at least two weeks and we will discuss changing if I am still feeling as though I'm a blimp floating around my apt. He did suggest taking at bedtime which I so now. My first week my poor family suffered as I slept most of the week. Second week still sleeping a lot but not as much. 2)side effect has been loss of appetite and since I'm in treatment and recovering for a severe stomach infection and gallbladder dysfunction the small appetite I had is 100% gone so there has been an additional 10lb weight loss to what was my 130lb frame. Also I have a slight metallic like taste that is most unpleasant.
Now in week three and up to 60mg, I find it harder to fall asleep and harder to wake but I am not sleeping so much. I am more fatigued than normal and haven't noticed much help with my pain. Nowhere near what Lyrica was doing for me. Lyrics was stopped due to severe swelling in my feet and legs.

I would love to hear from anyone else taking Cymbalta and what you think of it :-)

Piper30
09-16-11, 05:45 AM
Anyone?

sjs475
08-22-12, 12:39 PM
I've been on it for about 2 months and really haven't noticed a much improvement in my joint pain. Plus I'm still getting daily tension headaches, and I feel more fatigued than usual despite being on Ritalin. I'll probably ask my dr. to put me back on Effexor at my next appointment. It's about as effective and it's $40 cheaper a month.

Geno
08-25-12, 03:45 AM
I've been on it for about 2 months and really haven't noticed a much improvement in my joint pain. Plus I'm still getting daily tension headaches, and I feel more fatigued than usual despite being on Ritalin. I'll probably ask my dr. to put me back on Effexor at my next appointment. It's about as effective and it's $40 cheaper a month.

Effexor is less potent than Cymbalta in terms of serotonin/NE reuptake inhibition, though, if my memory isn't failing me.

Piper30
03-20-13, 08:26 PM

Did you end up going back on Effexor?

Cymbalta turned out to be pure hell for me and many others I know. Headaches with Cymbalta were so bad I can't put it into words.

I hope all turned out well for you. Let me know if you check back.