View Full Version : winrar

swflorida
09-15-11, 12:24 PM
In your opinions, what are the best 'free' sites to download .rar, iso, .exe full programs from? I have been on mechodownload, phazeddl, warez, mediaget, etc. etc. They seem to always to take you to a site where you have to pay for the download. Has anyone out there dealt with these sites? I just downloaded winrar 64 bit. Other than you tube, what is the quickest way to learn how to uses it? Thanks in advance.

TheJaredwhat
09-15-11, 01:17 PM
I usually get winrar from Cnet, http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-64-bit/3000-2250_4-10965579.html

as for .iso, I think you're talking about poweriso, right? I get that from cnet too :P

Cnet usually has free downloads that are totally safe.

swflorida
09-16-11, 12:24 AM
Yes, I love cnet. Using Winrar, does that only work with .rar downloads? Thanks in advance

diced
11-22-11, 03:30 PM
Be aware that a lot of warez sites, rarely give the warez you were waiting for. actually, they probably just give you malware. An 'honest' .rar can be unpacked with any unrar program, unless it has a password. But if it needs a password, you probably shouldn't be unraring it, unless you got the password from someone you trust.

KronarTheBlack
11-22-11, 03:37 PM
Use a bittorrent program to download.

Go to www.vuze.com download and install the Vuze bittorrent program.

Go to www.isohunt.com search for WinRaR or any other item you want. If its popular you will find it. www.isohunt.com is a god site because it has comments where the users rank and rate the downloads so you can always get legit software if you search carefully because they list all the torrents on the net fake or legit its up to you to spot the difference. Usually fakes are given negative ratings (minus numbers) and the real deal is given positive ratings (positive numbers). And its free it only costs you your internet connection.