View Full Version : Wellbutrin feeling odd? more open minded?

sbcy
09-19-11, 12:15 PM
For those of you who have taken wellbutrin XL, what does it feel like? I have this odd dilema. Since August I've become what you might call more "open minded"..I feel like I'm in the wrong career (within the film industry). However this thought has been in the back of my head for a year or so now but I didn't take any action and continued with my film career because it was still stimulating while nothing else was. I've been doing stuff related to cameras and film production since I was 12 and it's basically all I did during my teens except homework (no social life from 14). Very few things stimulated me. But I tend to be a deep thinker so I've been wondering for a while if something else is right for me.

Anyway, around when I started taking wellbutrin I stopped keeping up with film related stuff and began spending my time doing other things. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence but I began to understand people and the world better-taking an interest in other things outside my work. But last night around the 22hr mark I noticed I was becoming less and less interested in other things and remembered the feeling of how all I could stand was stuff related to cameras/film productions. Could this be the medication wearing off? I don't know, I shut out the world for 7 years and just did my work because nothing else was stimulating to me (other things were stressful or boring) in part because I was always not very good since I couldn't pay attention and process quickly enough..learning something new took forever. These days I tend to wonder about things I haven't in the past and accept the world more. I feel like I wasted the past 7 years shutting out the world, but I don't understand why I did that, now that I'm looking at other things in this world it doesn't seem so bad. I get the feeling sometimes of "why not me? why can't I do that? i'm a human too" I also feel a little more motivation to socialize now and it's easier to get up in the morning...not sleeping as many days away as I used to (still happens though).

This brings me to a dilema, is this me or is that close minded person me? I don't know what to do. :confused::confused:
The medication was prescribed in hopes of helping me pay attention better and possibly help with the mild depression I may have. It hasn't helped my attention.

I'm a 21 year old male btw.

alongroad
09-19-11, 01:01 PM
When I started talking Wellburtin I was in a state of "I need to get better".

I found it very effective in clearing the clutter from my mind. As I upped the doseage it helped me as well with my depression. I gained confience and felt great.

One big family issue came up, all that went to hell.

I think if you are positive and focused on getting better, your meds will compliment and give you a hand.

When you are in a BAD place, it doesn't do much.

Sounds like you are in a good place with good meds. Stay positive, clear, think, etc... Sounds like you're doing alrighT! :)

Abi
09-19-11, 01:08 PM
I take SR. I have.

-- more motivation
- more energy
- greater sense of wellbeing
- somewhat improved sex drive (low baseline due to SSRIs)
- somewhat improved sense of self-discipline

Blueranne
09-19-11, 01:19 PM
Sorry.... I have to ask. You have become more "open minded" within the film industry, what genre exactly are you in?...:rolleyes:

Jeremy.Ritz
09-19-11, 01:42 PM
I just started taking vyvanse 70mg, and I've noticed a similar feeling. I think it could be attributed to becoming hyperfocued, as a coping device to block out the "chaos" inside and around. Only you can decide if your career is one you want. Find what makes you fulfilled!

sbcy
09-22-11, 12:43 AM
Sounds like you are in a good place with good meds. Stay positive, clear, think, etc... Sounds like you're doing alrighT! :)

Not really...I didn't try wellbutrin to treat my mild depression I was hoping it would help with my attention/processing (nothing has worked so far..). My depression is after all because of my ADD.