View Full Version : Thinking of relocating for love

adhdnova01
09-19-11, 09:52 PM
Hey guys.
I'm new to the fourm I'm a 25 yr old guy with ADHD. I've lived in so-cal for most of my life but I moved for college after HS to PA...I met a ADHD/ Aspie girl who I totally click with. When we first made eye contact with eachother we both knew we had a connection. we where both shy at the time, so we didn't get together right away but we became friends and kept in touch. I moved back to CA and then we found eachother on Facebook. For the last year we've IM'ed eachother almost every day we have hung out a bunch of times when I was back there visiting family. We have introduced eachother to our familys and they both love us.

As I got to know her I see that we are more alike than I could have imaginged We both have ADHD we both have a scar in the middle of our chest from being born premature. We both are big movie buffs. Our parents both have the same professions. The last time we hung out I caught her picking her nose...I just laughed and said "I do that too sometimes" :D

I don't have a lot of experiance with dating but I have never had such a connection with anyone. I only have had one other GF who had OCP...This girl is soo much more of a Girlfriend to me.

At this point, I want to move back to pa to be with her as I'm not crazy about long distance relationships. Even though PA is my second home it is a tough decision as I would have to give up my life in CA. Some of my family supports the idea of me moving while others would be upset as they don't want me to move away.

What do you guys think? Is relocating for a relationship a good idea or not?

Nick

trishcan
09-20-11, 02:46 AM
Go for it!

Abi
09-20-11, 02:49 AM
I agree I mean the nose-picking thing is TOTALLY ROMANTIC.

Jokes aside, you should go,. If it doesnt work out u can always go back.

Unmanagable
09-20-11, 02:55 AM
I say go for it, too!!! Sounds like about as perfect of a match as one could wish for. :) Life is way too short not to give it a shot!!

KronarTheBlack
09-20-11, 07:04 AM
Its not up to your family to decide your life for you so the ones that are upset are just going to have to live with your decision about your life. From what you have said in your post If I was you I would definitely move to PA to give the relationship a shot. You will always regret it if you don't.

Crazygirl79
09-20-11, 04:48 PM
Nick!

You're 25 years old my friends, family members and friends don't run your life period!

I totally agree with the other posters....GO FOR IT!! I once fell in love with a gent online (some of my friends on here know who it was) but we were only friends and nothing happened like I hoped it would, in fact we aren't even friends now and I have a new partner. However if it had gone the way things are going for you with this lady then I would have relocated in a heartbeat.

Again.....GO FOR IT, life is full of risks to take and lessons to learn...it's important you take risks and learn your life lessons!!

Selena

Harbinger
09-21-11, 10:48 AM
In the past 4 months or so, I've deeply considered relocating. I'm in the states, he's in Scotland.

I say, 'get it while the gettin's good!'

anonymouslyadd
09-21-11, 10:51 AM
Wow, I'm surprised by some of the responses on here. You ADDers are a bunch of risk takers. :p;)

I suggest you make a list of pros and cons before you make a decision. I don't think moving for a relationship is something to avoid. With how people seem to love online communities, I suspect more people will be moving to be with each other. In other words, people will be meeting other people online, and then want to be with each other in person.

I see a couple things in your favor:

You have already experienced life in Pa.
You have been talking to her for about a year now through im.
Don't make this decision based on your family. Although, I wouldn't totally discount their opinion.

aeon
09-21-11, 12:28 PM
I moved across the country to be with my sweetie.

Best decision I ever made.

Bonus: I now live in Minnesota! :p

cheers,
Ian

StoicNate
09-21-11, 01:29 PM
I don't believe in love. Something always goes wrong.

ADDisme2010
09-21-11, 07:22 PM
Finding true love/soul mate, is worth taking risks!! Moving isn't that big of a deal.
I say Go For it also!! She sounds like a good fit for you.

adhdnova01
09-22-11, 09:45 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the replies, I'm probably gonna go for it. I just got a 5AM wake up call (3 hr time difference) from an employer and now I have two interviews. I work in the HVAC trade and right now where in the off season in CA. There's more work back their due to the weather.

I feel like the only way to find out if she is the right girl for me is to live in the same city. LDR's are not very practical.

Even if it is my choice to leave home I will be sad to leave my family for a while as I have lived away from home in the past. Then again PA is my home away from home.

Nick

metzfanaz
09-22-11, 03:27 PM
I agree with the 'go with it' group.

I met my wife on IRC years ago and now married 10 years. Oh yeah, she was in Minneapolis and I was living in New Jersey at the time. Ended up settling in Milwaukee, her home town as it was better then trying to get together in NJ.

adhdnova01
09-22-11, 04:17 PM
As much as she might like So-Cal, I wouldn't want to take her away from her family so I'll end up there