View Full Version : Thyroid Conditions...

Crazygirl79
09-27-11, 08:06 PM
Well it is apparent that I could be experiencing Low Thyroid Function due to the symptom checklist, it explains a LOT of my issues that happen within my body and I am going to get tested on Friday.

Have a look at this and see if any of you relate, I believe this is what might be making my ASD and ADHD worse from time to time..

http://www.thyroid.org.au/Information/disorders.html

Selena :confused:

Andrea715
09-28-11, 04:02 PM
I can so relate. I am planning to see an Endocrinologist about possible issues that I have been having (low energy, issues with mood, hypertension, preterm pregnancy, glacoma). I am just hoping that it isn't diabetes or anything. I have been off of ADHD medication since March and the hormonal symptoms have been magnified.

Crazygirl79
09-29-11, 10:08 PM
I got the blood test today and I find out the results next week.

I will also be looking at returning to Curves womens gym as I was successful in losing 17 kilos through them back in 2007.

Selena

danelady
09-29-11, 10:15 PM
Thanks for posting this. I plan on getting a major physical before the end of the year and I will definitely put this test on the agenda.

BR549
09-29-11, 10:28 PM
I have hypothyroidism. It was under control when I was diagnosed with ADHD. But before I was diagnosed with ADHD, I had a hard time trying to get my thyroid medication and levels right. The fact that I still had several issues that could be attributed to thyroid (and also ADHD) even though my levels were good had my endocrinologist a little baffled. I know now that in the beginning my thyroid condition made my ADHD symptoms worse. I just didn't know I had ADHD at the time.

It's all good now!

ADDisme2010
09-29-11, 10:34 PM
I also have a thyroid condition. Right now I am going HypO, but usually with Graves disease I run HypER. In both situations though...when the levels are off, you feel it!! When I go HypO, I start to get a brain fog...have difficulty spelling, difficult time focussing, and man sooo tired out. HypERthyroidism is like the ADHD in overdrive...Very, very Hyper, and can't sit still for any length of time, and the anxiety gets way worse.

A simple blood test can let you know how your thyroid is functioning.
I usually have the TSH, Free T4, and T3 tested monthly.

BR549
09-30-11, 02:43 AM
A simple blood test can let you know how your thyroid is functioning.
I usually have the TSH, Free T4, and T3 tested monthly.

My endocrinologist had me come back every 2 months until he was fairly sure my levels were good. That lasted about a year. Then I came back every 4 months for about a year and now I don't go back for another year. Unless I suddenly see there's a reason I need to go back in sooner.

Andrea715
10-02-11, 08:34 PM
I feel alot more comfortable having another doctor refer me. My glaucoma doctor is going to refer me to a Endocrinologist and I am scheduled to have a cat scan because my Glaucoma is completely out of control as well. I feel like I am 60 yrs old sometimes but I look like I just hit pubity, weird.
What are the symptoms like for thyriod issues? I am 120lbs so I dont have a problem with my matebolism.