View Full Version : the ADHD turn off

Kay's World
09-28-11, 08:01 AM
Ok so Im 18 years old. Im SUPER ADHD...

I was just wandering about all my adhd friends out there. Do any of youll just lose interest in people very fast?

Idk if its because Im ADHD. Im very hyper and I get uninterested in things and people very fast. I have never been able to have a long term relationship. I just get sooo bored sooo fast.

It makes me wander if i will ever allow myself to get married.

I don't date, one because I just get into the physical aspect way to fast and two because I cant stay interested in someone longer than a week!

HELP!

KronarTheBlack
09-28-11, 08:44 AM
I had the same problems as you but it got better with age so I finally found my wife and got married at 34 yaya.

selita
09-28-11, 10:22 AM
I'm more interested in things than people directly, so I found friends with similar interests.

The thing about people is they're mostly 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 mouth, 2 arms, went to school, lives in a building, had at least one parent, eats food, drinks liquid...

Its the details that are interesting.

danpan
09-28-11, 11:26 AM
Yeah, happens to me all the time. It's pretty much inevitable. I get bored with everything. It used to cause a lot of problems, but eventually I started sticking with people even after they start boring me. Jumping from friend to friend, relationship to relationship, just didn't work for me. I wanted stability, and I realized I'd never have it by chasing my whims. So I just try to keep in mind the things that I really like about the people I've chosen to be a part of my life. When I'm just not feeling it, I still have that to cling to and feel I'm making the right decision.

I guess I started looking at it this way:
Even the most beautiful gemstones will dull and tarnish with time. Why give up the best ones in favor of something new and shiny, when you can polish what you already have?

Kay's World
09-28-11, 11:11 PM
thanks guys. I just reread my post. Like how I wrote the same exact lines like 3 times lol?

Anyways, Its something I have to keep working on. Thats how I used to be before I got on medicine. Now....I just am blah. I lost A LOT of my friends.

They werent the best influences but still...I guess they caught on that theres something wrong with me

At least school is easy now :)

rickymooston
10-16-11, 12:10 PM
Ok so Im 18 years old. Im SUPER ADHD...
I was just wandering about all my adhd friends out there. Do any of youll just lose interest in people very fast?

Well, sort of, I switched friends over time. I have the potential to be intested in everything. However, quality firends are worth keeping.

Idk if its because Im ADHD. Im very hyper and I get uninterested in things and people very fast. I have never been able to have a long term relationship. I just get sooo bored sooo fast.

Shifting perspectives and brain storming. Do you write things down.

Having ADHD comes with natural creativity. The trick might be to look at old things and/or people in new ways?

It makes me wander if i will ever allow myself to get married.

You are only 18. I assume, that will be important when you meet somebody you don't want to lose.

I don't date, one because I just get into the physical aspect way to fast and two because I cant stay interested in someone longer than a week!

No need to date then; see "I'm only 18". :D. Statistics say, you will meet interesting people.