View Full Version : Desoxyn for ADD & Med Resistant Depression

wmjetski
10-03-11, 07:45 PM
The only stimulant I ever did really well on for both problems was Desoxyn. I haven't had a script for it in 14 or 15 yrs when I moved over 900 miles away from that Pdoc to another state.

I've been taking Adderall and Bupropion for a few months. Adderall works the best for me of todays mainstream ADD meds but nowhere near as good as Desoxyn.

After trying Ritalin, Focalin, Dexedrine, Vyvance and Concerta I've now been taking Adderall the past 3 months.
Adderall works the best for me (I give it a C+) of todays mainstream ADD meds but nowhere near as good as Desoxyn. Adderall wears off too fast, is inconsistent in effectiveness and makes me feel lousy when it is wearing off.

Desoxyn is the smoothest and most effective ADD med ever (which is about how long it has been around) in my opinion and when I was taking it for almost 15yrs, I didn't also need to take an antidepressant. Just one pill for both problems.

When I had this discussion with my pdoc he didn't know what Desoxyn is. After looking it up and seeing that it is pharmaceutical methedrine, he told me no way. He said he has never prescribed it and never will.
I would like to know if anybody in the U.S. is currently taking Desoxyn.

relax21
10-03-11, 08:31 PM
Have you tried getting your old doctor to contact your new doctor to vouch and clear up any concerns about Desoxyn treatment for you? As you know, Desoxyn is the rarest stimulant ADHD medication that is prescribed (and there's a good reason for that). Unfortunately, most doctors don't have any knowledge about Desoxyn and when they see its generic name (methamphetamine) they immediately conjure up an image of a skin and bones, toothless, psychotic, meth addict. You have to defend the therapeutic effectiveness of Desoxyn against your doctors false preconception of methamphetamine by teaching him/her through extensive understanding. Hopefully your doctor isn't too stubborn and close minded to even hold a intelligent and reasonable dialogue with you about the benefits of oral methamphetamine for the treatment of ADHD and Depression.

tambourine-man
10-04-11, 04:59 PM
Have you tried getting your old doctor to contact your new doctor to vouch and clear up any concerns about Desoxyn treatment for you? As you know, Desoxyn is the rarest stimulant ADHD medication that is prescribed (and there's a good reason for that). Unfortunately, most doctors don't have any knowledge about Desoxyn and when they see its generic name (methamphetamine) they immediately conjure up an image of a skin and bones, toothless, psychotic, meth addict. You have to defend the therapeutic effectiveness of Desoxyn against your doctors false preconception of methamphetamine by teaching him/her through extensive understanding. Hopefully your doctor isn't too stubborn and close minded to even hold a intelligent and reasonable dialogue with you about the benefits of oral methamphetamine for the treatment of ADHD and Depression.

I would suggest presenting your doctor with solid data to hopefully emphasize the massive distinction between Desoxyn and street meth.