View Full Version : Focalin compared to concerta

hollywood
10-09-11, 09:22 PM
Anybody think focalin has alot more ups and downs? Since ritalin has a quick dropoff we all know its not effective after c max . Well howmcould focalin be better if it releases twice? Argh maybe i need adderall

StoicNate
10-09-11, 09:29 PM
Maybe try Adderall or Dexedrine.

I remember all Methylphenidate based meds (including Focalin) were up/down. They have a very short half-life (2 hours), while Amphetamine based meds have a much longer half-life (10-13 hours) and stay in your system longer.

hollywood
10-09-11, 10:16 PM
Yeah , your right . Its like all a sudden i can focus then poof its gone. I have been on ritalin for so long too. In college i used caffeine alot more and ir dosing seems to help. Yet, the dropoffs are quick and with focalin xr you get zip at night. I tried ssris that just made it harder to understand what i was reading. Guess it time to try adderall. I will say ssris did eliminate circular thoughts , but it decreased comprehension.

ADHD0905
10-10-11, 07:27 PM
I just started the Focalin XR two days ago and boy is it different than Adderall XR. I don't know if it's b/c of the increased Intuniv dose or b/c the dose of Focalin is too low but I now know what people talk about when they say they crash. I never had that on Adderall XR, not even at my high dose. But when the Focalin XR wears off at night, I can barely keep my eyes open.

Hopefully it's just b/c of the increased intuniv dose that I'm feeling when the Focalin XR wears off.

hollywood
10-10-11, 09:35 PM
Its more of the intuniv. Wait it gets way worse. How is focalin in the am?

ADHD0905
10-10-11, 09:51 PM
Yeah I'm assuming that's definitely part of it, hopefully I adjust soon like the last time. I had a good response to it so I'm just gonna stick it out.

I don't notice much of anything until about 4-5 hours when I get tired, but I don't feel anything from a second release. I think the only thing it does is help avoid being tired from the Intuniv. I don't get a stimulant or any jittery feeling but I just don't feel tired like I probably would if I were on the Intuniv alone.

hollywood
10-11-11, 10:05 PM
Yeah I tried concerta today might try focalin again tomorrow.