View Full Version : You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid, or Crazy?

SooZeeQ
10-19-11, 08:30 AM
Hi all, I am a 39 yo female recently diagnosed ADHD combined type. I think this book is really helpful, especially for women (it's written by two women) and it leaves me feeling a sense of "I'm not alone" after I read from it. Very validating, and probably a good read for the recently diagnosed.

Just wanted to mention it!

nad123
02-19-12, 01:57 AM
Yea, I think I am going to buy that book soon as-well...

GeordieDave
02-19-12, 05:27 AM
I'm currently reading driven to distraction. I shall read this one your talking about soon :) thx

Fraser_0762
02-21-12, 06:28 AM
I;ve got the pdf version of the "you mean i'm not..." book. but don't find it to be very ADD friendly, its very difficult to get started on and to try and read all the way through. I can't even get through a chapter. Theres too many paragraphs and not enough diagrams and bullet pointed lists. (just my opinion)

andy78
02-28-12, 03:11 AM
I;ve got the pdf version of the "you mean i'm not..." book. but don't find it to be very ADD friendly, its very difficult to get started on and to try and read all the way through. I can't even get through a chapter. Theres too many paragraphs and not enough diagrams and bullet pointed lists. (just my opinion)

Fraser, if you don't mind can you share that pdf with me?

speculative
06-05-12, 08:40 AM
I'm only about 50 pages or so into this book, and find it to be something of a paradox. Although it takes a light-hearted, easy-to-read approach, I've found it has some good technical information in it that other books haven't touched on enough yet. (For example, the paralysis of will section, and the pages surrounding it.) I've read about 5-6 books on add so far, and would recommend this to read first before reading others...

andy78
06-15-12, 10:48 AM
Can someone share any PDF if they have on ADD please?

blgw99
06-15-12, 03:44 PM
Agreed.

Where I live, ADHD in kids even is invalidated a lot, so not to mentioned adult women. So at some point I ordererd a bunch of books on the topic off Amazon, sort of changed my life.

Wait, everyone does not think like me and do not just hate me out of spite?

WheredIputit
04-28-13, 09:18 AM
Being newly diagnosed with ADD I started reading this book, and it is good but it has a flaw that I find really distracting. It is not gender neutral at all. Everything is she or her. She needs this, she needs that, she can achieve balance in her life. I find my self saying but what about me?! I'm surprised an editor didn't fix this.

Is it just me, or is this ADD kicking in?