View Full Version : Fatigue?

conarc
10-21-11, 12:03 PM
I recently started taking Focalin two weeks ago. I don't take it every day and it varies. Since taking it I've probably took it 9 out of the last 15 days or a little more than half the days. 1/3 of the time I just took 10mg in late morn, early afternoon and that was it. Lasts about 4 or so hours it seems. The other 1/3 of the time I've done two doses of 10mg or 10 than 5. And the other third of the time I took one Focalin XR in the morn. I like the non-XR because I can see how I'm doing later in the day and decide if I want to re-dose where XR, your stuck on it most of the day. They main effect for me that I like is that it really evens my mood (besides improving concentration.)

However I noticed the other day when I didn't take any, about lunch time I began to feel very fatigued (back ache) etc. I took 10 mg a little later that afternoon and fatigue was gone. I was kind of surprised since I hadn't been taking this long and consistently. But my guess was it was a mild withdrawl symptom. I just caught be by surprise though as the fatigue was pretty bad.

Anyone else experience fatigue when you skip a day? I'm just curious if the fatigue had some other cause other than not taking the Focalin. It has made me concerned that if I try to continue to minimize my use of Focalin by skipping a day here and there, I'm going to have to deal with ongoing fatigue.

mizstackhouse
10-30-11, 02:53 AM
I take only 5 mg dexedrine as needed, which is usually when I wake up in the late afternoon. I ever only need 1 dose, and when I took it for 3 days in a row I would be groggy the next day. then I must have taken it for about 8 days straight, only 5 mg! its soooo freaking low.. and now im on day 5 off of it, STILL tired.
I notice if i'm out and about its easy to ignore it.. but if I have a drag of pot, or get sucked into my bed for a nap, or wake up in the morning its soooooo hard to get out of bed... I've only started taking it 2 months ago but I wasn't consistent.

when I took it every other day I didn't notice the fatigue so I think you should be fine, but maybe the only way you wont be tired on your 'off' days is only if you are off of it for less days than you are on.. it sucks.. i know