View Full Version : wellbutrin increase

tyrram666
10-21-11, 03:34 PM
Was wondering if anyone had more symptom relief by increasing wellbutrin ? I'm on ALOT of Ritalin and I don't think they are going to increase it past this point. But I've noticed after my second dose of wellbutrin, which is at 4pm Im way way more able to sit and think clearly. I've started taking it earlier (2pm) and the same effect. So i was thinking maybe i should take 300mg in the morning and 150mg at 3pm ? My evenings are much more productive than my days. But I'm worried about seizures and what its doing to my liver. I've also been diabetic for 23 years. was wondering if im on the right track here ? has anyone else have had this happen too them with any success.

ideaman
10-22-11, 03:05 PM
Hi, I would also like to know about whether you can take two 150mg SR tablets together (in the morning.) The only physician reference I have found so far was Dr. Amen's book Healing ADD, where he says: "never take more than two at the same time." So I gather he has some experience with this.

hollywood
10-24-11, 04:10 PM
Yeah , I would say taking 300xl wellbutrin has better effects than taking 150xl, I hear 450xl starts to help with adhd but I wouldnt really explore over that. You may want to consider intuniv -

ideaman
10-25-11, 04:45 AM
Thanks hollywood, but I think the original poster (and certainly myself) were asking about the SR variety of Wellbutrin, not XL. With XL it's easy, it's approved up to 450mg in a single dose. Not so simple with 150 SR where official recommendations are: max three times a day with at least 8 hours between the doses.

hollywood
10-25-11, 08:54 AM
do you find that release to be more effective.

ideaman
10-25-11, 04:25 PM
I don't know, it's just that XL is not available where I live now. Otherwise I'd go for the XL 300. What's certain, though, is that two 150 SR tablets are going to pack a bigger punch compared to a XL 300, as they release the drug faster. That might be nice - but I'm kind of afraid to try it - that was the point of my asking.

425runner
10-25-11, 04:52 PM
I like Wellbutrin SR a lot better! I take 150 mg at 6 am and another 150 mg around noon. I wonder if it'd be OK to take a 3rd dose around 4 pm...dunno

hollywood
10-26-11, 12:43 PM
What's the difference? More of a stimulant effect?

425runner
10-26-11, 05:26 PM
Yes, it feels very similar to what Adderall used to feel. Earlier kick and I'm able to sit still for an hour (which is a lot for me).

What's the difference? More of a stimulant effect?

feelme03
10-27-11, 12:43 PM
I was advised by my doctor to take 300 mg. of Wellbutrin in the morning and another 150 mg. at noon because it's hard to sleep if taken to late in the day. Of course, I don't know how late you stay up, if I take it at 2 pm and go to sleep at 1 am, I do toss and turn a little bit more.

ideaman
11-06-11, 05:35 PM
hi feelme03, are you taking wellbutrin SR or XL? How do you feel on this medication regimen? Is it helpful for adhd? Thanks

anonymouslyadd
11-06-11, 07:42 PM
I was advised by my doctor to take 300 mg. of Wellbutrin in the morning and another 150 mg. at noon because it's hard to sleep if taken to late in the day. Of course, I don't know how late you stay up, if I take it at 2 pm and go to sleep at 1 am, I do toss and turn a little bit more.

I haven't noticed Wellbutrin affcting my sleep, and I take it at 9 p.m. I guess everyone's different. I'm interested in how Wellbutrin can be used for ADD at 450 mg. I'm taking 300 mg. It works wonders for the depression, but I would love for it to help me with the ADD.

feelme03
11-10-11, 01:04 PM
Idealman, I am on the XL now and was on the SR, yes it seems to help but I drink coffee and sometimes get overstimulated. I've been going to college and has helped with tests, I still seem to get distracted though, probably because of the hot girls there walking by, lol.

Rocky, there are other issues I have with sleep, so maybe your right. I'd step it up to 450 mg just to see what happens for your ADD.

ideaman
11-12-11, 06:16 AM
feelme03, thank you. am I understanding it correctly that you are taking 300mg XL in the morning and 150 SR at noon? (I am trying to figure out if somebody is taking two 150mg SR tablets AT ONCE - which the manufacturer prohibits but Dr. Amen doesn't seem to mind, according to his boook.)