View Full Version : Just started Metadate 10 mg - no change?

Tryinmybest
10-25-11, 09:47 AM
Ok, so we are on day 4 with this new med - the first every for my 10 YO son, just diagnosed. Appetite and sleep seem OK, which is good, but can't say I see a change in foucs (we are add, no H component). I know I need to give it more time, and we will see our ped in 2 weeks for an eval, but is it normal to not really see any difference at this point? He tells me he feels the same, and he seems OK. The only thing I can see is a some hyperactivity when the med is wearing off at night.

Please share your experience and reassure a worried mom as we start the med rollercoaster. It scares me so much.. Thanks!

ruthieqt
10-29-11, 10:46 AM
I am in the same EXACT boat as you. My son is 6, no H to ADD, and we are on day 3 with no change good or bad. I'd love to hear your progress along the way also!

BioVader
11-30-11, 06:20 PM
I'm starting 20 mg tomorrow. It's kind of depressing to not see much activity for this medication like in other med forums. So I guess we will be kind of neighbors for a while.

BioVader
12-16-11, 12:03 PM
Done with this medication. Was up to 40mg a day with no positive or negative effects at all.

outsidethebox33
01-23-12, 10:39 AM
Our son is on Vyvanse, but am thinking of switching to this med because of the side effects from Vyvanse. Anyway, I have 2 friends with their daughters on this med and they are very happy with it. They said that at 10mg it did nothing for them also. It wasn't until they went to 20mg that they saw great results.

Lane277
04-16-12, 03:42 PM
My doctor switched me to Metadate 20mg this week after having tried Vyvanse in multiple dosages.

I started out on Vyvanse 20mg and worked my way up to 40mg, with no results passed the first day I took it.

Now that I've taken Metadate CD 20mg for the first day, I'm having the same problem. No results whatsoever. Still unable to focus. Still having memory issues and still unable to form thoughts into words.

Getting a little frustrated.