View Full Version : What is the rate of desoxyn to dextroamphetemine ?

salleh
10-25-11, 11:33 AM
As I have run into the shortage of dextroamphetemine ( dex ir) in both California and Michigan ......( I have the last of the dex ir waiting for me for this Friday at my California pharmacy, and they're saving the last of theirs at my Michigan pharmacy as I am heading for Michigan the 9th of Nov, and the total of both places is 3 extra days worth of my usual months supply)

I will undoubtedly have to switch to something else .....the pharmacy in Michigan has been trying to get more, and they've been told "don't even ask, there's none available " so it's lucky for me that my pdoc is the doc I have in Michigan .....

I know that adderall isn't gonna be available, ( hate it anyway) and Ritalin simply doesn't work for me .....and enough Vynase for the amount I need will be in the neighborhood of at least $600 probably more ....and I have no insurance .......it looks like I'll be trying out desoxyn .....

now all that to ask this ....I take 80 to 100 mgs ( depending on my day) of dex (ir) ....what would be a good starting equivalent of desoxyn ?

I know it's supposed to be stronger, but how much ? roughly ......should I request 1/2 the amount? or more like 2/3 s? .......I know it's expensive, but they do now make a generic of the stuff....and I am confident that my pharmacy will order it for me, it's a mom and pop store, and has a close relationship with my pdoc....if he prescribes it, they'll order it .

relax21
10-25-11, 04:23 PM
To put this into perspective, the typical effective daily dose of methamphetamine HCl for ADHD is 20 mg - 25 mg divided into two doses. Salleh, with your higher than usual dose of dextroamphetamine sulfate my guess is that you'll need much more than 25 mg of methamphetamine HCl a day.

For methamphetamine HCl and dextroamphetamine sulfate they both suggest a patient start at 5 mg twice a day and increase the dose in 5 mg increments over the course of a week or two until the optimal dose is acquired.

Salleh, I would recommend that you initially starting at 20 mg divided into two doses daily (which probably isn't going to have much effect) and increase your dose every few days by 20 mg until you find an therapeutic response.

If you take 80 mg - 100 mg of dextroamphetamine sulfate you're probably going to need to take close to 80 mg - 100 mg of methamphetamine HCl, give or take (hopefully less). (For daily doses of 80 mg - 100 mg of Desoxyn = 16 - 20 pills a day = 480 - 600 pills every 30 days). You're pharmacist is going to have to order you 5 - 6 bottles of Desoxyn (each bottle contains 100 pills).

However, if you start off at a low dose and titrate up like I suggested you might find you'll need less than 80 mg - 100 mg of methamphetamine HCl a day... or you might not.

This switch might be more of a hassle than it's worth. Have you considered taking a drug holiday until dextroamphetamine sulfate is available again?

Hope this response helps you.

salleh
10-25-11, 06:59 PM
Not a chance on the drug holiday ...... if I don't get my meds of some kind .....I am leaving this plane ....screw it ......life is extremely hard for me even with my meds......and without them ......I don't want to bother .....

that being said ....thank you for your info ,......and you see, I am 61 ....so I don't have 1/2 years laying around to play with medication amounts,.....I want to hit what works and do it as soon as possible .....and I am pretty sure that even the generic desoxyn at that many pills ( they only come in 5 mg right?) the cost will be outrageous ......

so I probably will ask for starting off at 1/3 to 1/2 my usual dosage and see if that even comes close.....

and I take a lot of "energy shots'" that have lots of guarana in them to boost my meds too.....

the whole situation sucks beyond belief, I hate having ADHD with a passion ......and relying on meds that can come and go at the whim of a drug company, well that just caps it off perfectly......

life sucks big time .....

Massari
10-25-11, 07:12 PM
and I take a lot of "energy shots'" that have lots of guarana in them to boost my meds too.....

That's a good way of ending up dead, just like this guy here:

http://www.gandul.info/news/un-elev-al-scolii-de-politie-de-la-campina-a-murit-de-infarct-dupa-ce-a-baut-un-litru-de-energizante-8826959

''A student from the Police school of Campina died of a heart attack after drinking a liter of energy drinks''

Long story short, kid can't keep up with Police training sessions, drinks ''energy'' drinks to perform better, feels weak during training, collapses and is pronounced DOA upon hospital arrival. You don't want that to happen to you.

Use allopathic drugs with known outcome and side effects like desoxyn...not that naturopathic filth that's only sold for profit and has unpredictable, life threatening side effects.

tambourine-man
10-25-11, 07:20 PM
Ok, I'm furious about this and I blame Vyvanse. I am still getting my Dexedrine, but I will pitch a fit if I can't.

I asked a Shire representative about Dextrostat and they said "They would NEVER bring that med back."

Massari
10-25-11, 07:23 PM
Imagine you go to the hospital in a grievous state and you tell them you took too much Percocets. The doctors will immediately know that you are experiencing acetaminophen poisoning or opioid overdose and they will immediately administer you the antidote for both, and save your life.

If you go to the hospital and you tell then you drank 1L of energy drinks...they have no clue what to give you. There's 1000s of different natural products in that filthy broth and each of those might be causing your illness. So you die.

salleh
10-25-11, 07:24 PM
what's an allopathic drug ?

and I really don't care if I end up dead .....I have had a most interesting life, and I will not spend my time sittting in a chair ......I have no goals left except to not end up living under a freeway at 70 years old .....and that's a mere 9 years down the road .....

this is not a bid for sympathy ......I have had more fun in my life than any 10 people chosen at random ....I have known, loved, and been loved by many wonderful, interesting and talented people......I have spent most of my life as an artist working in many different mediums ......and enjoyed creating all kinds o' stuff.......

.....but if I died tomorrow, I wouldn't feel like I have missed out on much of anything .....except being able to support myself, and I haven't figured that one out yet.....and something tells me that I may never figure it out .....so ......whatever time I have left is all gravy ....as long as I have meds.....without ,meds....nope ain't gonna go there....

Massari
10-25-11, 07:25 PM
Ok, I'm furious about this and I blame Vyvanse. I am still getting my Dexedrine, but I will pitch a fit if I can't.

I asked a Shire representative about Dextrostat and they said "They would NEVER bring that med back."

There will always be dexedrine available because it has no particular adverse side effects. You're just paranoid about not being able to get your meds, relax dude.

salleh
10-25-11, 07:30 PM
well, I can't get anymore of mine at the 2 places I live ( California and Michigan) so ....I take dextroamphetemine...the ir tabs......

and perhaps I am being stubborn about chasing it around everywhere......we'll see what happens in Michigan .....

but in Cal, I'd have to get in my car and go out looking, cause I don't have a phone hooked up ....oh I have 2 they're just not hooked up ....ADHD strikes again.....I have even been paying for the phone through comcast .....just don't know how to change over the equipment.....uses a different modem ...and I looked at all the peices and tried to figure it out ...hah ! .....instructions were supposed to be in the bag......but I can't find them ....

Massari
10-25-11, 07:31 PM

It's medication from known pharmaceutical companies like Merck or Pfizer containing highly purified ingredients approved by the FDA with studied and well known properties. Such as Tylenol, Tamiflu, Amoxicillin, Tetracycline etc. Basically whatever your doctor prescribes you.

Natural products should only be used when all allopathic treatments have failed, like in some cancer situations where the patient has nothing to lose so he/she might as well give it a try.

Massari
10-25-11, 07:49 PM
and I really don't care if I end up dead .....I have had a most interesting life,

I don't know what you mean by interesting life but I wana go to Mars before I die lol

Possum
10-25-11, 08:35 PM

and I really don't care if I end up dead .....I have had a most interesting life, and I will not spend my time sittting in a chair ......I have no goals left except to not end up living under a freeway at 70 years old .....and that's a mere 9 years down the road .....

this is not a bid for sympathy ......I have had more fun in my life than any 10 people chosen at random ....I have known, loved, and been loved by many wonderful, interesting and talented people......I have spent most of my life as an artist working in many different mediums ......and enjoyed creating all kinds o' stuff.......

.....but if I died tomorrow, I wouldn't feel like I have missed out on much of anything .....except being able to support myself, and I haven't figured that one out yet.....and something tells me that I may never figure it out .....so ......whatever time I have left is all gravy ....as long as I have meds.....without ,meds....nope ain't gonna go there....

Gotta agree with you, Salleh. If they took my meds away, I'd just say to hell with it. The same with my housing assistance. I'm not going to live under a bridge in my 60's either. But meanwhile, I'm gonna live my life to its fullest!

salleh
10-25-11, 08:48 PM
Possum ....nice to know that someone gets it !......... as much as I would like for us not to be in these positions ...reality is .....so screw it ....just gonna do what I want about it .....it sucks being that alone .....but reality is ....eh ?

tambourine-man
10-25-11, 09:17 PM
Possum ....nice to know that someone gets it !......... as much as I would like for us not to be in these positions ...reality is .....so screw it ....just gonna do what I want about it .....it sucks being that alone .....but reality is ....eh ?

I totally get it, because meds SAVED MY LIFE. I was miserable before them and would be miserable without them. I'm a persistent, obsessive autistic, and if they take away Dexedrine I WILL NOT stop until they bring it back!

Massari
10-25-11, 09:25 PM

My philosophy of life is that being alive as yourself is an event that has occurred, because you are alive now as yourself. The law of probability states that if an event has occurred, there is a probability that the event will occur in the future and an even greater probability that the event has occurred in the past without you knowing it.

Once you die, can you live again and feel as yourself right now, meaning, a distinct entity? Certainly, the law of probability is there to prove it. The only problem we face is we don't know when that will happen because something has to trigger this event because the probability of it occurring is not 1. It can be in 2020, 2080 or 3500 for what we know. By then the world might end.

Which brings me to add further philosophy by asking for example what would happen if someone died outside the solar system? How would that affect the re-spawn probability? Would you have to wait billions of years until life spawns near ''you'' or would you spawn in the nearest life spot surrounding you?

input appreciated.

salleh
10-25-11, 09:53 PM
not really got a clue as to what you're talking about ...but a thought did occur to ,me ......

what if I got re-incarnated with ADHD .........again ???????

Possum
10-25-11, 11:06 PM
@ tambourine-man - Too funny!

@ salleh - The forces of the universe can't possibly be that cruel to make us go through yet another life with ADD. :eek:

The laws of thermodynamics teach us that energy is neither created or destroyed. Life is a form of energy, so my theory is that we continue on in one way or another. Maybe next time around, I'll be a comet. That would be kind of cool.

KronarTheBlack
10-27-11, 01:46 PM
My philosophy of life is that being alive as yourself is an event that has occurred, because you are alive now as yourself. The law of probability states that if an event has occurred, there is a probability that the event will occur in the future and an even greater probability that the event has occurred in the past without you knowing it.

Once you die, can you live again and feel as yourself right now, meaning, a distinct entity? Certainly, the law of probability is there to prove it. The only problem we face is we don't know when that will happen because something has to trigger this event because the probability of it occurring is not 1. It can be in 2020, 2080 or 3500 for what we know. By then the world might end.

Which brings me to add further philosophy by asking for example what would happen if someone died outside the solar system? How would that affect the re-spawn probability? Would you have to wait billions of years until life spawns near ''you'' or would you spawn in the nearest life spot surrounding you?

input appreciated.

Are you high on drugs?

The law of probability would assess the probability of the 100 trillion cells that make you up as a person recombine with the 100 trillion atoms in each cell by random chance as to be so close to never happening that it will never happen!

By saying re-spawn you sound like a kid that plays video games.