View Full Version : Whats normal dose of Tenex for adults?

markadd
10-27-11, 08:28 PM
Im on third day of tenex at 1mg 2x a day. First night was sleepy but thats it, been fine since then, but not noticing to much at all.

Hoping this would releave some hyperactive symptoms(restless, always feel the need to move). Thought it was anxiety but benzos don't really help and don't want to be on those forever.

How much longer till I notice something?

Do I need a higher dose?

Doc Holiday
02-08-12, 02:50 PM
Hi MarkADD,
I'm on guanafacine & vyvanse combo. Give the guanafacine sometime to build up in your system and I believe it will work wonders for u. Most importantly just take it as prescribed, and give it sometime. I believe its actions are kinda similar to anti-depressents (only as in it takes a few weeks to see the full benefits of the med). U might eventually need a higher dose but thats for you and your DR. to discuss. Also forgot to mention that i'm on 1mg 2 times a day. I was in the same boat as yourself at first saying what the hey, is it working or not? But after a month i would like to report it feels as if it's helped my anxiety dissapear somewhat.

Hope what i mentioned helps

hollywood
02-08-12, 04:24 PM
what type of anxiety ? I've been trying ssris for anxiety . All I get is trouble trying to focus on anything. Are you taking tenex in the morning and night?

known_guy
02-08-12, 10:44 PM
I think taking 1mg at night and perhaps 0.5mg twice in the day (morning, afternoon) or 1mg in the morning is pretty standard. Perhaps you need a higher dose, I don't know.

Doc Holiday
02-09-12, 07:03 PM
hey to replie ya im taking it morning and night. It gets ride of the "what should I be doing, but i'm not" anxiety if that makes since. But what works for me might not for you since all of are body chemistry is different....

hollywood
02-10-12, 09:09 AM
it gets rid of the what I should be doing , but I'm not anxiety ?

Hey, thats a pretty huge part of adhd anxiety. I think I could say that almost all of my anxiety or so called anxiety comes from doing one thing then thinking I should do another then the next thing you know I'm researching why I keep doing this and the solution to it-

I've found almost nothing to really help this other than tenex or intuniv , just need to deal with the sedation. I guess ssri' would do the trick if I could ever manage a normal dose. My issue with ssri's is that most people say on normal doses they are lethargic and tired. Well, I'm on like 2 mg of celexa so if that puts some perspective on things thats why I'm considering tenex.

Doc Holiday
02-11-12, 08:09 PM
hey hollywood,
now to think about it, and researching around. I truly believe my DR. prescribed the Tenex for side effects (tenseness) due to my medication. Plus I guess having general anxiety as well. Hell who knows at this point. I just cant get anything done with out my med's, and when I'm taking them I keep getting stuck in the "I need to catch up on everything I never accomplished in my life or 1/2 finished" now that i'm accepting my diagnosis. OFF TOPIC: i'm starting psycho therapy/behavior therapy this coming week. My med's are great, but the other 50% of me doesnt know what/how to get things time in a timely matter

hollywood
02-12-12, 01:03 AM
So how good is tenex ? I tried the ssris and it seemed to make my ADHD really bad?

Doc Holiday
02-12-12, 02:24 AM
U know its hard to say. To me it seems to put my mind at ease, and from what ive read online its suppost to help w/ ADHD symptoms. I'm yet to truly see an improvement (i've only been taking them for 1 month). My main concern is, its a BP med. I'll keep you up to date, in the coming weeks.

hollywood
02-12-12, 03:41 PM
Well i tried ssris it just complicates ADHD

Doc Holiday
02-12-12, 05:31 PM
I fell ya my dude. I don't know my frustration level's have just been sky rocketing lately because I want to be a productive member of society, but I just honestly do not have the tools to get it going. And it leaves ya wanting to pull your danm hair out!

I'm also just getting sick of vyyvanse and the one day it works for 12 hrs, then a week later it works for 5hrs. What do ya do?

hollywood
02-12-12, 11:38 PM
Not sure . I get that alot with focalin xr. Just seems to be mood, sleep , everything else . Seems like when I was 18 that was everyday