View Full Version : $13.99 adhd medication

Old School MBD
11-01-11, 09:33 AM
My generic guanfacine (brand tenex or intuniv) is only $13.99 per month.....no shortages

hollywood
11-01-11, 09:49 AM
did the half mg of guanfacine help immediately for you used in combination with your stimulants? What were the effects that it achieved? Slowed things down perfectly and enhanced attention ?

Old School MBD
11-02-11, 10:12 AM
Not using stimulants.......just guanfacine.

Main problem for me is temper.....for which it works great

Also does have a "slowing effect" that is good.

hollywood
11-02-11, 12:21 PM
Ssris snris are killing anxiety but cannot think at all

String
11-02-11, 01:18 PM
I've actually been interested in knowing more about this medication.

Does it lower your blood pressure? Mine is already normal and Ritalin doesn't make mine change.

Does it slow your heart rate? Mine is already a little slow and Ritalin doesn't change it.

I've heard that guanfacine often doesn't help much with jumbled thoughts or paying attention, but it's mostly for ADHDers who simply can't sit still or relax. Does that sound right to you?

Are there other side effects that you notice?

Thanks for posting about this. I've been interested. I have a friend who has ADHD and high blood pressure and his BP medicine was making him super loopy and incredibly dizzy headed and forgetful. I told him that he should ask his doctor about guanfacine for his BP and ADHD. I haven't heard if anything became of that (he seems the same to me on the outside, less the really bad side effects he was sometimes having). I thought that I couldn't personally take guanfacine since my BP was normal and I have a slow heart rate.

Old School MBD
11-02-11, 02:08 PM
I always had low blood pressure when younger....its now in normal range....

So even people with normal pressure can take it. Was told I could become dizzy upon standing (from low bp) but it has not happened

Not monitoring bp or heart rate......I will check sometime soon

No side effects!!!! Adderall sucked for side effects

hollywood
11-02-11, 03:21 PM
what sucky side effects did adderall give you? I'm with the last poster alot of times I'm just completely scattered in my head , if I don't take a stimulant basically I'm just constantly retracing my own thoughts. Problem is lately I'm probably burned out mentally with work that is really repetitive and boring and antidepressants seem to kind of add to the effect. I guess I'll just keep going with this sucky antidepressant. Anyways, contemplating if intuniv or tenex would help me in gap periods ( stimulant peaks and valleys ) and give me better base coverage so I could start cutting back on stimulant dosing. That would be key.