View Full Version : Having trouble with this forum

Asylum
11-02-11, 12:07 AM
No its not a drama-related issuse. Sorry. :p

When I first clicked on the LD forum there were no threads, so I thought people weren't posting here. I just tried again and there were a whole bunch of threads. I read the first one but when I tried to read the other threads they had all disappeared, except for the first one. Is this the bermuda triangle of threads or am I just being stoopid again?

Possum
11-02-11, 12:16 AM
Its the Bermuda Triangle. Tah Dumm! Good luck ever getting your computer to work properly again. Heh Heh Heh! (too bad its still not Halloween) ;)

sarek
11-02-11, 03:23 AM
The issue is most likely with your setting for display options. There is a timebased filter in place which cuts off posts older than a certain date.

You can change the filter setting either in your own user cp to make them active across the board or you can change them locally and temporarily in an ad hoc fashion by looking at the bottom of the subforum page where you will find your diplay options.

Asylum
11-06-11, 02:29 AM
The issue is most likely with your setting for display options. There is a timebased filter in place which cuts off posts older than a certain date.

You can change the filter setting either in your own user cp to make them active across the board or you can change them locally and temporarily in an ad hoc fashion by looking at the bottom of the subforum page where you will find your diplay options.

Can someone explain this in more simple language please?

pechemignonne
11-06-11, 08:42 AM
To change this in all areas:

Click User CP in the top left corner of the screen (on the blue bar). Then look on the left side of the screen, and click the link to Edit Options (under Settings and Options). There is a section on this page called Thread Display Options, and inside there there is a Default Thread Age Cut Off drop-down menu, which probably reads Use Forum Default. Click on that to choose another option.

To change this while browsing subforums:

This is for when you go from the main page and click on the forums and subforums (say, Parents of Children with ADD/ADHD, subforum General Parenting Issues). If you scroll down to the very bottom of a page for a subforum, there is a box that says Display Options. In that box there is a drop-down menu that says From The. You can change the settings there.

Hope that helps!!