View Full Version : Finding a doctor

Jocadd
11-03-11, 05:50 PM
Hi! I've been on adderall 30mg once daily, 20 mg twice daily as needed. My pdoc recently stopped prescribing pain medications and stimulants. He was treating me after an initial psychiatric evaluation (i waited 6 weeks for) because there aren't many doctors on my plan. I called all the doctors on my plan and there isas till a 6 week wait to see any psychiatrist. I run out in a few days. Is there a walk in clinic option? I have all my records. Any help?

John836
11-03-11, 06:30 PM
I see you are in NYC. I don't know what your options are as far as transportation but if you travel just 20 miles to Northern NJ, you will find psychiatrists who don't have such a long wait.

Jocadd
11-03-11, 10:42 PM
I went to the local hospital. No doctor wants to write the scripts even though I have my records and a psych evaluation. I call and they make me feel low for needing medication. Hopefully the hospital will take me serious. I've been gong through things like this since I was diagnosed. And it's sad because the therapy and medication have greatly improved my life and I don't want to go back to foggy, sleepy and lazy. I finally have straight A's, get to school and work on time. I'm very sad, this is real.

Jocadd
11-03-11, 10:57 PM
The hospital won't see me. I don't know what to do.