View Full Version : What took you so long ....... ?

diced
11-07-11, 04:23 PM
Finish the question, then
Make up a good vaguely credible excuse.

What took you so long to post something on the forum?

I was training my cat not to walk on my keyboard, but he kept hitting backspace in stead.

gerwin
11-07-11, 04:29 PM
what took you so long to reply?

I had to sort out all the questions and the answers in my head

Blueranne
11-07-11, 04:33 PM
Why are you ignoring me?

Im confused, I thought you were ignoring me.

BR549
11-07-11, 04:56 PM
What took you so long....to get here?

I took 3 Ex-lax and 3 Prozac. I couldn't get out of the bathroom this morning, but I feel pretty good about it. (Okay, not mine--stole it)

tipoo
11-07-11, 08:19 PM
I was here typing a reply, but I had a momentary lapse of attention. In the absence of a sentient being observing my body, my atomic wave form collapsed into an infinitely dense speck. This speck re-emerged in a dimension above our own. That dimension was occupied by the Tralfamadorians. Being four dimensional creatures, to them every conversation we started was simultaneously started, stopped, and ongoing, by which I mean they rambled quite a bit. They talked for weeks and weeks and weeks without realizing I was getting bored and hungry, as they could see my body at every point in my life. By the time I got them to shut up and asked for directions back, i was a little late to the forum. Sorry, everyone.

:cool:

shysmile
11-08-11, 12:50 AM
Why didn't you thoroughly read tipoo's post with all its big long complicated words?

Because I was having a legitimate brain fart. That's the scientific term.

pechemignonne
11-08-11, 12:56 AM
^^ I like that we both thanked tipoo's post, but neither of us read it all... :o

What took you so long to go to bed?

There were internets...

Nifferka
11-08-11, 06:30 AM
What took you so long to click "send"?

I forgot what I was doing between hovering the mouse over the button and raising my finger to click. In trying to remember what I was doing, I also forgot where I was and found myself immersed in a random scene from a movie I saw a few years ago. Since I couldn't remember what movie it was, I thought I'd look it up on imdb. That's when I noticed the "send" button and clicked it.

aeon
11-09-11, 12:19 AM
I registered here because I wanted to lurk and read and learn about ADHD — because a friend (who told me of this place) had it, even though I did not (well, I hadn’t been Dx’d, and didn’t suspect it myself).

Fast forward 5 years and I get a Dx and an Rx and I think to myself “hmm, perhaps I should log into that ADHD forum and actually participate…” ;)

cheers,
Ian