View Full Version : Intuniv and focalin safe?

hollywood
11-14-11, 10:40 AM
I read somewhere of sudden death is this true ?

hollywood
11-14-11, 12:37 PM
I just came to a realization in my treatment for adhd and it's effectiveness it seems to have on me. Well, after starting a nasal steroid "veramyst" for constant nasal congestion I've kind of realized and come to the realization that alot of side effects come and have come with both taking an antihistamine in addition to nasal steroid sprays. The outcome is that I can barely get up in the mornings, I feel strange a bit overly confused in the mornings and I get odd muscle sensations in addition to the fact that my focus becomes delayed and all over the place. I am quiting the allegra, quiting the veramyst and will only stay on singulair. I don't feel the side effects are worth the price of having my moods and adhd become so affected by secondary effects from allergy and nasal medications. I'm done. I think that if I remember right my meds were always effective prior to all the antihistamines and nasal sprays. I'm done, for now I'll just stick to treating adhd. If I have seemed off lately well I added veramyst and have since had non stop headaches as well as strange anxiety that was not present before introducing the med.

ADHD0905
11-14-11, 08:46 PM
yup, it's safe, I was on it. but i switched back to adderall XR b/c it gave me better results. There have been a few cases of sudden death with people while they were on Intuniv, but autopsy results showed the sudden death was attributed to a different medical condition and not the Intuniv. So yes sudden death was reported but autopsy showed it wasn't caused by the Intuniv...just so happens they were on it when it happened. I'll try and find the info and put the link on here.

ADHD0905
11-14-11, 09:06 PM
here it is, it's from the FDA and states both cases of sudden death were attributed to other causes, not the Intuniv.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/PediatricAdvisoryCommittee/UCM255105.pdf