View Full Version : Psychiatrist in Atlanta, GA (or outside the Atlanta area)?

twinvirgos
11-16-11, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone-

Here is my dilemma:

Since 1999 my psychiatrist in Dallas, TX has been treating my ADHD with Desoxyn.

I recently moved to Atlanta for my job, and I am finding it very difficult to find a psychiatrist here who is willing to stick with my last psychiatrist's treatment for my ADHD. (which has worked for the 12 yrs. I've been on it)

The "trial and error" search for a doctor who will keep me on my current medication has been expensive and exhausting.

I was hoping someone might have a recommendation for a doctor in the Atlanta area (or outside of Atlanta, if need be) who prescribes Desoxyn....especially for someone, like myself, who has been taking it for over 10 years.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :)

tambourine-man
11-16-11, 08:38 PM
Hi everyone-

Here is my dilemma:

Since 1999 my psychiatrist in Dallas, TX has been treating my ADHD with Desoxyn.

I recently moved to Atlanta for my job, and I am finding it very difficult to find a psychiatrist here who is willing to stick with my last psychiatrist's treatment for my ADHD. (which has worked for the 12 yrs. I've been on it)

The "trial and error" search for a doctor who will keep me on my current medication has been expensive and exhausting.

I was hoping someone might have a recommendation for a doctor in the Atlanta area (or outside of Atlanta, if need be) who prescribes Desoxyn....especially for someone, like myself, who has been taking it for over 10 years.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :)

Call local psychiatrists and be frank. Ask them if they will be willing to continue your current treatment. Don't schedule an appointment if they refuse.

What other meds have you tried? How does Desoxyn compare? Why do you prefer it?

twinvirgos
11-30-11, 06:12 PM
The only way I can describe Desoxyn vs. Adderall for myself is.......

Desoxyn = Technical focus

Adderall = Creative focus