View Full Version : About to try trazadone

never2late
11-18-11, 03:13 AM
I got script from my doc very low dose (50mg). She told me to take 1/2 dose for the first 2 nights, then take full dose for 3,4 nights then return to taking 1/2 dose. Is this titrating? I have heard that term so much on the internet regarding medication. So I am slowly introducing it nights 1-2 and then giving my brain the full amount on 3-4 only to return to the 1/2 dose to maintain its effect ( maintenance dose )? Am I getting this right? I know that 25 mg and 50 mg are a VERY LOW dose of this med. Anyone have experience with it for sleep? Were your dosages the same?

research4now
11-23-11, 01:56 AM
My friend tells me that is unusual for Trazodone but then again you could have so many medical issues that there is no telling you why any Health Professional would follow this regime! ASK your Healthcare Professional ASAP! ;-)

Best Wishes,
Research4now :-)

Please note: I have no Medical School Training (US and Worldwide of any kind) therefore, you are responsible for any opinion(s) you form from reading what I wrote and subsequent actions. All information contained here is strictly of my opinion.

pechemignonne
11-23-11, 01:07 PM
I think it's to stop you from developing a tolerance. That type of medication you quickly get a tolerance to the dosage so you have to keep increasing.

For example, I take zopiclone, and I don't take it on the weekends, so I have stayed at the same dosage for years.

never2late
11-27-11, 01:08 AM
Trazodone knocked me out- the first night I took it. I continued for 4 nights but I could not function well for the first 2-3 hours the next day. I felt really foggy, and had a very hard time concentrating or even doing anything. I dont think Traz is for me. On the other hand my GF tried it and she slept like a baby and did not feel any of the next day grogginess that I felt. Also - and this is weird, both of us reported to the other that while taking trazodone - it stopped us from snoring. Weird huh.

My therapist was puzzled with my docs choice of trazodone due to the next day effects. I must say it made my dealing with my Attention and depression issues that much harder.