View Full Version : I can't find Focalin anywhere!!

WorkAholic
11-20-11, 02:13 PM
Is there a shortage??? I've called thirteen different pharmacies

WorkAholic
11-20-11, 05:35 PM
Nevermind...found some at the hospital. Holy cow this is expensive without insurance....

StoicNate
11-20-11, 05:52 PM
Do you take the IR or Extended release Focalin? Brand or generic?

A good cheaper alternative (even without insurance) is Ritalin IR.
You can generic Ritalin at Walmart usually from $4-$15 based on quantity/mg. And this is without insurance.

Spikey
11-21-11, 07:40 PM
That's funny. I was just at the pharmacy to drop of my little sister's prescription, and both the places I tried said they didn't have any because it was something that not many people took. I went to Walgreens and CVS. I've yet to try the local chain (Duane Reade, which has merged with Walgreens), but they had the Adderall Generic IR tablets I needed (60 pills for a month, 2x10mgs pills every day in the afternoon as a supplemental to the 40mgs of Vyvanse I take in the morning).

Anyway, yeah, I'll report back when I hear something, but as I said, I was told it's mostly a problem because not too many people take it. The pharmacist however, did seem to be impressed that I knew as much as I did about schedule II narcotics (can't tell if she looked at me like I was deranged, or like I was a doctor).

WorkAholic
11-22-11, 12:34 AM
I haven't started it yet because it's so freaking expensive (it's the XR). I tried Ritalin but it made me dizzy.

I'm waiting to get the other meds the pdoc prescribed because she said it would help the Focalin.

I've tried a lot of different ADD meds and none worked.

I found out that the best place to get prescriptions are from hospitals! I don't know if many people know that but I just found out that's the place to go. That's where I found my Focalin.

Focalin does have an assistance program I just found out the internet so I think I'll try that if it works.