View Full Version : Do AAPs affect hyperfocus?

blgw99
11-21-11, 04:05 PM
Strange question, but has anyone found that antipsychotics, like Seroquel decreases the ability/tendency to hyperfocus?

With my school assignments, I have always been able to pull myself together at the last moment and get an insane amount of work done, but lately not any more. I'm way past the last moment with my deadlines but I still can't stay on task with writing my essays for longer than 15 minutes. Per day.

I am not able to get stimulant meds, so are there any natural supplements to help clear my mind? I know about ginko biloba and lechitin, which I'll be getting from the pharmacy tomorrow.

ginniebean
11-21-11, 06:02 PM
Seroquel and other anti-psychotics tend to have a sedative effect. Slowing down your thinking and even slowing you down physically. Some people get the zombie effect.

They will also work against your ADHD meds making them less effective. Are you psychotic? If not, perhaps you might consider different treatment options.

donnydee
10-30-15, 05:11 PM
Strange question, but has anyone found that antipsychotics, like Seroquel decreases the ability/tendency to hyperfocus?

With my school assignments, I have always been able to pull myself together at the last moment and get an insane amount of work done, but lately not any more. I'm way past the last moment with my deadlines but I still can't stay on task with writing my essays for longer than 15 minutes. Per day.

I am not able to get stimulant meds, so are there any natural supplements to help clear my mind? I know about ginko biloba and lechitin, which I'll be getting from the pharmacy tomorrow.

I know that this is 4 years old, but depending on the antipsychotic I was using, hyperfocus did indeed become an issue. Case in point with Latuda, I could do marathon research without blinking an eye. Guess it all boils down to individual brain chemistry with these things.