View Full Version : Not sure what meds I should ask my psych for on my next visit?

nathan8118
11-21-11, 04:11 PM
I started seeing a psych after being diagnosed with strong adhd and slight depression. Been seeing him for 2 months going on 3. I am currently on 30mg of adderrall and 150 welbutrin xl as of last month. I like the adderall, but still dont think I am at the leval I need to be at. But he is only willing to raise it 10mg every 2 weeks(and lately only been able to get an appointment slot every month). So I am just waiting until get to the max dosage to see if I am ok with that or if I need a change. Just started taking wellbutrin last month. I like it and it has helped a bit with my self defracatin thoughts. But still latly have just felt so alone in the world and I dont get it. Just out of a 2 year relationship. Im a goodlooking in shape guy workout 5 days a week and meet people pretty easy. I have been on a million first dates since my break up 6 months ago but not to many second ones. So I guess the only common denominator is me but I am not sure why. I feel as of now I need to focus on me and stop datign and stuff. I even deactivated my facebook. My job I only work long hours so I only have to work 13 days a month so maybe I also have to much free time. so fatr eveything I have been prescribed has been off of things I have researched myself and suggested to my psych. I prob will get bumped up to 40 mg adderall and 300 wellbutrin xl next week on my appointment. But was wondering if there is anything else people can suggest that may help me that I can suggest to my psych on my next visit. Just feel so alone in the world right now. lots of acquaintances no real friends/relationships. Seems any text or phone call I have with someone is always initiated by me. Also have been seeing a psychologist every 2 weeks to help talk out some of my issues.

emploding
11-21-11, 04:45 PM
Meds only help with brain chemicals, if you're depressed over situations then meds won't help that.

I'm glad you're in therapy, is that helping any?

jordanbamabelle
11-21-11, 05:04 PM
I feel you on this topic whole heartedly. I am perscribed Adderall 30 mg twice daily, Xanax .5 three times daily, and prozac 10 mg once daily. Wellbutrin and me did not get along. It made me feel really weird and I hated how it made me feel. So, my doctor put me on Xanax. I have been dx with ADHD and depression.
I feel like I am always the one who always puts more effort in friendship/ relationships. Like, I am a convience instead of the good friend I am to that person. Good Luck hope I helped some!

nathan8118
11-21-11, 05:07 PM
Meds only help with brain chemicals, if you're depressed over situations then meds won't help that.

I'm glad you're in therapy, is that helping any?

The therapy has defiantly helped. I didn't realize how much adhd has had an impact on my life. Still have been really sad lately though and felt really alone in the world, also am rational enough to realize there are a lot more people with a lot worse problems with me. Also having so much free time defiantly doesn't help. These thoughts have been impacting me really hard lately though.

nathan8118
11-21-11, 05:13 PM
I feel you on this topic whole heartedly. I am perscribed Adderall 30 mg twice daily, Xanax .5 three times daily, and prozac 10 mg once daily. Wellbutrin and me did not get along. It made me feel really weird and I hated how it made me feel. So, my doctor put me on Xanax. I have been dx with ADHD and depression.
I feel like I am always the one who always puts more effort in friendship/ relationships. Like, I am a convience instead of the good friend I am to that person. Good Luck hope I helped some!

Thank You, I will look those up.