View Full Version : I think antipsychotics are bad for most ADD people

Maverick420
11-26-11, 01:14 AM
I took 7 years antipsychotic and it was was a waste of life time. They killed my emotions, my feelings, my connection to myself. After I got on Stimulants I recognized all that and withdraw from the antipsychotics but what are the consequences?

I show paradox effects to a lot of medication and have severe sleeping problems. Clonazepam worked 2 days, then it completely lost its effects. Now I am trying something you might now as Lunesta.

Hope it works until we can find a working fix for the primary problem.

So what I heard, listened, watched and read is not good. Antipsychotics are in most cases bad for persons with ADD. They knock out our dopamine system and increase our symptoms and because of the blocking effects of these drugs: we do not notice.

If I need antipsychotics again, I take the old classical high potent ones like Haldol. The talking about all the side effects is too extreme. It depends on the dose and you can get results with low doses if you are manic and need to come down smoothly.

The newer antipsychotics should be used carefully and only when really indicated and needed and no other option is available. I know a lot of cases now who had problems. More will come to the public.

Be careful!

addG4guy
11-26-11, 12:00 PM
Results vary from person to person. I found antipsychotics (Risperdal) to be very helpful. Side effects can be an issue, but generally not on low doses.

MismedicatdMess
02-18-12, 08:50 AM
I was on a mix of mood stabilizers, benzos and Risperdal until my dopamine system finally hit the wall in late 2011 and I entered major psychotic depression with all kinds of flatness and disarray.

I have improved since resuming ritalin though the Risperdal almost entirely blocks its efficacy except combined the two induce weird sleep hours insomnia at night and hypersomnia by day.

Im fixing to get off Risperdal and first question I'll ask is what are my other options.

Treating
-Bipolar with Psychotic Depression feat relentless paranoia, mild anxiety, anhedonia
-Adhd
-Aspergers with traits from the mix (tourettes, OCD)

Clonazepam 2mg bid, Ritalin 20mg Tid, Risperdal 1mg night.

-potential schizophrenia, still uncertain and improving medical care via medicaid shortly

desulove
02-18-12, 09:18 AM
-potential schizophrenia, still uncertain and improving medical care via medicaid shortly

Wow.

That must be so scary... o.o'

I remember I took a LSD trip once and started for no reason reading up on schizophrenia which lead me to hollow mask test.

I failed it! I was sure I had schizophrenia! I took the test again 12 hours later and couldn't see which side came out.. Yes pass I am sane! Smoked a bit of cannabis... Yes! Still sane!

But for months after that trip I was scared I was going to develop schizophrenia....

Still could however very unlikely... my genetic are inclined to a lack of dopamine rather then an excess.

karbouris
03-29-12, 01:35 AM
I took 7 years antipsychotic and it was was a waste of life time. They killed my emotions, my feelings, my connection to myself. After I got on Stimulants I recognized all that and withdraw from the antipsychotics but what are the consequences?

I show paradox effects to a lot of medication and have severe sleeping problems. Clonazepam worked 2 days, then it completely lost its effects. Now I am trying something you might now as Lunesta.

Hope it works until we can find a working fix for the primary problem.

So what I heard, listened, watched and read is not good. Antipsychotics are in most cases bad for persons with ADD. They knock out our dopamine system and increase our symptoms and because of the blocking effects of these drugs: we do not notice.

If I need antipsychotics again, I take the old classical high potent ones like Haldol. The talking about all the side effects is too extreme. It depends on the dose and you can get results with low doses if you are manic and need to come down smoothly.

The newer antipsychotics should be used carefully and only when really indicated and needed and no other option is available. I know a lot of cases now who had problems. More will come to the public.

Be careful!
AMEN wasted atleast half of my childhood on these meds. I have nothing to show for it other than misery, hyperinsulinsim and gastropheris. Horrrible horrible meds.

sarahsweets
03-29-12, 09:43 AM
I think it depends on the person and condition being treated. I have done well on geodon which is an atypical antipsychotic.

karbouris
03-29-12, 03:20 PM
I think it depends on the person and condition being treated. I have done well on geodon which is an atypical antipsychotic.

True.

buddy
03-29-12, 04:13 PM
As sarah said, I think it depends on the person.I've been on Abilify for 6 yrs. & it has definitely changed my life for the better.I do know that a lot of people can't tolerate the side effects though.

deadmau5
02-13-13, 03:45 PM
Ive tried antipsychotics like zyprexa, risperodone, abilify, this is back when i was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia. I have to say abilify was the best, zyprexa and risperodone both made me feel lethargic. Anyways glad im off them now, taking adderall instead for add treatment and its done wonders for me :)

Nibs91
02-14-13, 12:21 PM
How does one know they need an antipsychotic? I'm so confused about all the chemical jargon between AD's, Antipsychotics, and anticonvulsants..... :S

I'm on prozac but I think I need something that will augment it