View Full Version : New England ADD / ADHD Conference

Tara
10-01-04, 11:57 PM
What do people think about putting together a New England ADD Conference?

fasttalkingmom
10-01-04, 11:59 PM
I'd love that?

I have a question for you but don't want to post it here......

AmyDand
10-09-04, 02:03 PM
I am a newly diagnosed college student with ADD and i think that a conference would be great to have.

gingagirl
10-09-04, 07:42 PM
How do we go about "putting together" a conference?

Tara
10-10-04, 08:44 AM
That's a good question...lol

gingagirl
10-11-04, 05:37 PM
Well, I definitely would be interested. It would be best if it could be scheduled on a Saturday, so it won't conflict with my work schedule --and I assume Saturday would work best with most other people's work (or class) schedules, as well.

I'm not real good at getting things started, and organizing is definitely not my strong suit, but once I get going with something, I do pretty well ...so what I'm saying is that I'd be happy to help with putting together an ADD conference, as long as someone else can figure out the tasks that need to be done to organize the event, plus we have at least a few other people who are willing to pitch in with setting it up.

Maybe we should figure out approximate cost --how much would people be willing to pay to attend a conference?

Then we can figure out how many people need to attend in order to pay for the conference hall and the speakers.

Perhaps we could get a few vendors to display their latest ADD gadgets for a nominal fee (since this isn't an established event, vendors may not be williing to pay too much).

Maybe an ADD organization would be willing to partially sponsor a conference?
ADDA?
NCGI?
Would this event be focused on ADD in adults?
If not, then CHADD is another organization to look into for funding.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to go about setting up a conference???

gingagirl
10-18-04, 11:20 PM
Hmmph! I didn't mean to put an end to this discussion. Is anyone else in the New England area interested in having an ADD conference? ...I know there's more of us. Let's not worry about the "how" just yet --let's just an idea of how many people might be interested.

So who else would be interested??????