View Full Version : Seroquel For Anxiety?

netsavy006
11-26-11, 10:33 PM
I'd like to know if there is anybody out there who take Seroquel for anxiety?

If so, what dose are you on? What side effects do you get?

Any other info you can give me about your experience with Seroquel?

Thank you very much in advance,
~ Andy

trishcan
11-26-11, 10:47 PM
I took seroquel for anxiety once. I believe whatever I took was the lowest possible dose. It made me hallucinate. And I was insanely paranoid. Not for me, but also suspect that's not the typical experience.

addG4guy
11-27-11, 04:01 PM
I was on it for about a year. I didn't notice it helping with my anxiety.

blgw99
11-27-11, 04:35 PM
I'm on 75 mg for various issues an it has been GREAT for the anxiety. My doctor wants me on 100 mg at some point, might give it a try.

Side effects? Not many, but I need to maintain a decent sleep schedule, as it tends to make me pass out for about nine hours and I can't function on five like I used to. Right after taking it I sometimes get quite bad RLS, which makes it uncomfortable to stay awake. I tend to gain weight a bit more easily, but it is not unmanageable if I watch what I eat, which I do anyway.

emploding
11-27-11, 07:36 PM
I was on seroquel for ages, for sleep, and it was great. Sort of. I mean, I slept, but it made waking up nearly impossible. It also made me gain weight like whoa. And I couldn't lose weight, regardless of what I ate and how much I excercised.

I didn't notice it do much for my anxiety, but I really only took it for sleep and to try and help with the "excessive over-ruminating" as my shrink calls it.

annaleeharringt
12-12-11, 03:01 PM
I was on Seroquel for almost 2 years. I never noticed it helping with anxiety, but it did make me sleep. I went up to about 300 mgs and I couldn't wake up in the mornings, I was a zombie for about 2 hours after waking. I just went off recently, and felt no difference, except that I now have pretty bad insomnia. I'm going to take a sleep aid, Seroquel was a huge waste of money for me, a sleep aid costs a hundredth of the amount that seroquel does.

karbouris
03-29-12, 01:37 AM
I was on Seroquel for almost 2 years. I never noticed it helping with anxiety, but it did make me sleep. I went up to about 300 mgs and I couldn't wake up in the mornings, I was a zombie for about 2 hours after waking. I just went off recently, and felt no difference, except that I now have pretty bad insomnia. I'm going to take a sleep aid, Seroquel was a huge waste of money for me, a sleep aid costs a hundredth of the amount that seroquel does.
If you have problems sleeping ask your doctor for Generic ambien. the stuff costs 25.00$ w/o insurance. No joke. don't take it everynight tho. Highly effective.

Marla911
03-29-12, 06:58 AM
If you have problems sleeping ask your doctor for Generic ambien. the stuff costs 25.00$ w/o insurance. No joke. don't take it everynight tho. Highly effective.

Why do you say don't take it every night? I've been taking it every night for 2-3 years probably even longer, I can't remember (because of the ambien perhaps lol).
Am quite curious if you could elaborate though.

karbouris
03-29-12, 08:20 AM
I had a little too much fun with the vivid halluceations lol. Over time (like 3 months) I started to have motion sickness, memory loss etc the next day. That and last summer i woke up in quite a few questionable beds. that was if i took it every day tho.

my insurance will also pay for 14. every otger night is sufficent for me.

mannmel
04-28-12, 10:02 PM
I was prescribed to start at 50mg, took it one night, slept super well!, was a complete zombie for the entire next day. I had to instruct Zumba at 9am the next morning! it was the worst experience ever, - scary like a bad acid trip. I was very angry at the Dr, so irresponsible. I told him I'm NOT BIOPOLAR, get educated Phd.. *****--!* it didn't work for me..

perhaps, though this will work better for those that suffer significant depression, I don't know.. I'm scared all bipolor meds! all the best, I hope you find something that works.

kingfish
06-23-12, 12:56 AM
I just started taking it this week. I take Valium for anxiety. Seroquel helps a lot with my insomnia.

known_guy
07-17-12, 10:51 PM
Interesting to hear Seroquel used for anxiety, though I can certainly see it working for some people. I was once prescribed some for insomnia (50mg?) though it wasn't helpful for me. If it's helpful for insomnia, I would guess smaller doses (less sedating) can be useful for combating anxiety.

starrykitten
07-24-12, 03:41 PM
I take 50 mg for insomnia. The first time I ever took it, it was to stop a 40+ hr panic attack I'd been stuck in. The doctors warned me how sleep it'd make me, so they gave me one tablet in the ER and made me promise to drive straight home right away.

It stopped the panic and I slept that night, and the next day I didn't feel a thing at all until around 4 pm, which was actually kind of lovely.