View Full Version : Best application available for ADD in ANDROID

andy78
11-28-11, 08:57 AM
I was wondering if there are any good Applications which can be used in an android phone which will help people with ADD.

Something which has reminders would be great.

emploding
11-28-11, 04:47 PM
Honestly the best thing I've found is the google calender because it syncs with your gmail account and you can set reminders and appointments and whatever you want. I've not found anything else that works as well for me.

tipoo
11-28-11, 05:11 PM
Evernote is a big help IMO, I can take a picture of a board full of notes for example and it will be synced to my computer and any other devices that can use it.

If you have trouble waking up in the morning, Alarm Clock Plus is great too since you can set it to make you do math before dismissing the alarm :P

foggedup
11-29-11, 03:33 AM
Just found this app Astrid Tasks that works for little reminders. You set a task, then put a day/time reminder. It gets downright annoying after dismissing it a while, asking "hey are you going to do this now??" You actually have to check the task off or delete it altogether. Good for me for things like 'call parents' or 'call dr,' which I usually put off.

For everything else I use google calendar.

andy78
11-29-11, 05:14 AM
Just found this app Astrid Tasks that works for little reminders. You set a task, then put a day/time reminder. It gets downright annoying after dismissing it a while, asking "hey are you going to do this now??" You actually have to check the task off or delete it altogether. Good for me for things like 'call parents' or 'call dr,' which I usually put off.

For everything else I use google calendar.
^^+1 Agree with you

Overthinker
12-09-11, 11:03 PM
I was going to start a thread for this but glad I did a search first. I'm wondering what people have found are the best apps for people with ADD. First and foremost the absolute must-have for me is a smart phone so that these apps follow me wherever I go. Some of my favorites are below.

Astrid Tasks - This is a great to-do list manager that is available on all kinds of platforms including Android, Google Chrome, web. No matter where you go your tasks follow you. Recurring tasks, grouping tasks by label, creating custom views and shortcuts on your smartphone. It can't be beat, and it's absolutely free.

Gentle Alarm - This is a great alarm clock application for Android. You can set all kinds of options with it. The number of alarms, the types of alarms, and the options for alarms are almost limitless. Well worth the $2 or $3 on the Android Market. There's a free version that you can get that works on every day except Wednesday.

Google Calendar - Couldn't live without it. Pop-up reminders on my smart phone and the ability to see what I'm doing and what my wife is doing at any time. We have separate calendars, but I can see hers and she can see mine.

Outlook - For me at work I absolutely could not survive without Outlook. It's a task manager, email client, calendar, and contact manager all in one. In my mind it is the absolute must-have product from Microsoft.

List Master - Android app (free!) that let's you keep all kinds of lists. Shopping lists, generic lists, inventories, etc. No web interface but other than that it's pretty cool.

I'll have to take a closer look at Evernote. I've used it before but apparently I'm not aware of all of its functionality. I'll give an honorable mention to Google Docs. It's nice to have all my docs in one place that I can access from my phone or the internet. I've used it a lot for tracking the dosages and effects of different ADD medications.

What other helpful ADD apps am I not aware of?

Aaron

andy78
01-03-12, 04:13 AM
Guys anybody else who have any suggestions on good reminder apps for android based phones?

Driver
01-03-12, 07:18 AM
Not for Android but I love the Reminders feature for iPhone iOS5. It has the handy feature of being location aware. That means you can set reminders for when you arrive, or leave, a particular location. That is, if I'm at work and need to do something as soon as I arrive home, I'll set a reminder to go off when I physically arrive (ie geographically) at my home.

It's great, it means I don't have to try and pick a date and time for my reminder for when I might have arrived home or not.

Overthinker
01-04-12, 07:52 AM
Astrid tasks for Android has a similar locale feature although I haven't tried it myself.

Is there something specific you are looking for in a reminder app andy78?

Pumbaa
01-28-12, 05:35 AM
I'm using Astrid and Evernote

andy78
06-18-12, 03:14 AM
Any recent additions guys in the Android Market. I'm sure there are tons of them out there.
Any good app on taking notes, not reminders just notes to know what I have done or track what I did. I know Evernote is one of them.

silivrentoliel
06-18-12, 03:30 PM
I use Astrid, but since I have my phone on vibrate at work, I sometimes forget about stuff =/

tortilaman
06-18-12, 05:50 PM
workflowy.com It's not an app, but it works just fine mobile web. It's infinitely useful and free and syncs to any device you use it on since it's all in the web.

RedHairedWitch
06-18-12, 09:33 PM
I use colornote, which is kind of a stripped down evernote.

My compass is a big help, as is good old google maps and Places. i get lost easily.

There's an app called Mint which is a personal finance app, keeps tracks of bills, paydays, spending, how much is in my account and so forth. Gives me hell if I spend too much. It's a big help. BUT it's a monster of an app and was more than
I really needed. Maybe if I had a family and multiple banks etc it would be different. So I switched to MoneyWise which is working great.

ADDition
08-24-12, 11:48 PM
Not for Android but I love the Reminders feature for iPhone iOS5. It has the handy feature of being location aware. That means you can set reminders for when you arrive, or leave, a particular location. That is, if I'm at work and need to do something as soon as I arrive home, I'll set a reminder to go off when I physically arrive (ie geographically) at my home.

It's great, it means I don't have to try and pick a date and time for my reminder for when I might have arrived home or not.

know this post is 7 months old, but this is cool, and right up my need alley, to remind me as I near home, did I pick up the milk, etc. cool.