View Full Version : All Kinds of Minds

ADDvocacy
10-02-04, 11:27 AM
I don't know if this has already been discussed but I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know if you haven't already read it - you MUST read
"A Mind at a Time" by Dr. Mel Levine. This book is fantastic! If any of you saw the PBS documentary "Misunderstood Minds" you might be familliar with it.

I have worked in education for several years before I was an ADD coach and this to me is one of the missing links in education. So important as it talks about attention and also different neurological functions and how to combat weaknesses using strengths!

If you've read this book what did you think?

FYI Its also availible on Audiobook!

Nucking_Futs
10-02-04, 02:15 PM
Haven't read it but Sunday's we go to the library...thanks for the advice in advance.

fuzzybrain
02-16-06, 12:47 PM
Thanks,
I just bought that book at Barnes and Noble, sitting there waiting for me to read it, I will after my big Lincoln book, who knows how long that will take. >L

Scattered
02-16-06, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the tip -- I'll be looking for it. Since I'm homeschooling my daughter anything like this is much appreciated!:)

Scattered

mctavish23
02-16-06, 01:45 PM
I love All kinds of Minds.

I also think Mel Levine is the best childhood learning expert no one's ever heard of.

One of my absolute favorites.

I believe scuro was going to see him present in Detroit , I think.

I hope he was able to do so.

tyvm

mctavish23 (Robert)