View Full Version : Need coach

Notepad
12-03-11, 03:25 PM
Hello, anyone know someone who is add coach and help people stay on plan and move along with project (like...getting a job). I was going to be all proper and do it myself, but I decided I will have to hire someone cause I cannot do it myself. I mean getting clothes to go interview, finding hair cut place, send application instead of polishing it for like 3 month and what else.

i will never search and find it and contact it and what not unless i have that perfect storm where i have focus, happened to be in the right place (at computer, addforum, motivated (fear), and thinking about doing something). and i can't have that so i figure i should post it and hope for good.

i am saying i am not being lazy. i am saying i guess i got desperate.

and i will of couse take counselor or coach who works over web conference and what not. doesn't have to be in person. gosh i should have made and kept appointment with that lawyer lady who help with resume

awaywithfairies
01-04-12, 01:38 AM
Just pm'd you, hope it helps.

ChanelCinq
01-11-12, 02:52 AM
Did you ever find one? I am looking as well and these coaching forums just don't move. It is quite discouraging.

I had a life coach years ago that I loved but I tried an ADHD coach that I was extremely disappointed with.

She would say things like many of my clients that have problems excercising go to sleep in their work out clothes. Lady how on earth does that pertain to me I just told you that I work out every day and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. It is like she seriously heard NOTHING I was saying.

That was several months ago and it was discouraging enough to stop looking.

I am a full time nursing student but I need to study for the NCLEX which I should spend 4 hours, 6 days a week studying. On top of my classes and clinicals and the homework I have for my classes. There is no way I will get through this without help.

Hello, anyone know someone who is add coach and help people stay on plan and move along with project (like...getting a job). I was going to be all proper and do it myself, but I decided I will have to hire someone cause I cannot do it myself. I mean getting clothes to go interview, finding hair cut place, send application instead of polishing it for like 3 month and what else.

i will never search and find it and contact it and what not unless i have that perfect storm where i have focus, happened to be in the right place (at computer, addforum, motivated (fear), and thinking about doing something). and i can't have that so i figure i should post it and hope for good.

i am saying i am not being lazy. i am saying i guess i got desperate.

and i will of couse take counselor or coach who works over web conference and what not. doesn't have to be in person. gosh i should have made and kept appointment with that lawyer lady who help with resume

awaywithfairies
01-24-12, 07:42 AM
Did you ever find one? I am looking as well and these coaching forums just don't move. It is quite discouraging.

I had a life coach years ago that I loved but I tried an ADHD coach that I was extremely disappointed with.

She would say things like many of my clients that have problems excercising go to sleep in their work out clothes. Lady how on earth does that pertain to me I just told you that I work out every day and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. It is like she seriously heard NOTHING I was saying.

That was several months ago and it was discouraging enough to stop looking.

I am a full time nursing student but I need to study for the NCLEX which I should spend 4 hours, 6 days a week studying. On top of my classes and clinicals and the homework I have for my classes. There is no way I will get through this without help.

You can try ADDCA - its coach training for coaches wanting to specialize in working with ADHD, but has a list of graduate and what sub-specialties they have (i.e. women with ADD, students, etc). HTH.

ChanelCinq
01-24-12, 08:19 AM
You can try ADDCA - its coach training for coaches wanting to specialize in working with ADHD, but has a list of graduate and what sub-specialties they have (i.e. women with ADD, students, etc). HTH.

Thanks. I am hoping to get a specific name. I asked the life coach I used to use and he referred someone that I am using but I don't plan on signing up for another month. I feel like I am not getting much out of it. I don't feel like he has much follow though and he has ADHD.

I don't feel that coaching is the best career for people with ADHD.

I think I may ask my old life coach again for a different referral. I just get discouraged with these forums because this is supposed to be the mecca of ADHD info and when they move your topic to these sub forums no one comes in here and you don't get the visibility or responses that the thread should get. I mean there must be a ton of people in this forum that use coaches yet I can't get a single recommendation.

Sorry I am a little bitter now. I am paying a lot of money that I don't have to this guy and I really feel it is going down the drain.