View Full Version : Someone like you

littleone
12-03-11, 06:57 PM
This is something I wrote recentely I hope you like it but please consider that English is not my first language (still learning in school :))

Someone like you
Iíll never find someone like you again.
Iím very grateful to have had gotten to meet you and feel your love. You taught me so much; you exposed me to music and dance. Youíre my inspiration.

I wish I could see you just once again, hug or talk to you. I miss you so much. You were taken from me much too early.

I remember the way you played the piano with such passion and how you could make everything an exciting experience. I loved all our journeys and adventures together; you could make a normal walk through the park unforgettable and magical.

When you were still with me I couldnít imagine living without you, I was too young to fully understand what was happening with you. If I had known I would have told you how much I loved you and how much you have always meant and will forever mean to me. I would have told you how much I would miss you and that you would forever be in my heart but I didnít.

It took me until your funeral to realize you wouldnít be there anymore. It were not our relatives emotional speeches, no, it was the classical piano music playing in the background. It made me think of all our happy moments together like when you played Mozart for me every time before going to bed or when we walked to the farmer to get ice cold milk and drank it all before we got home. These thoughts made me cry because I wasnít prepared for this. Everything changed after you passed, there was no one to cheer me up, no one to fully understand me, no one who loved me the way you did.

Grandma was different after your death. She had always been so funny and full of life but while she was holding your hand when you were lying on that hospital bed I watched her. I could see that she had lost weight but I didnít think much of it. Mum said it was just the stress.

However after your death it all went downhill. Everything got worse and worse. Mum only had time for her. ďSheís lonely,Ē she said ďI have to be there for her like she was there for me. You should be there for her too.Ē I wasnít. Iím sorry; I took all the anger I had inside of me out on her. I was mean to her because she took my mum from me. I was still young and didnít understand.

She has an illness and it changed her, sheís not the person she used to be. She hardly recognizes me anymore but sometimes I can see a sparkle in her eyes that reminds me of the loving person who always took care of me but the moment I see it, itís already gone.

Eight years have passed and Iím 17 now; I wish you could see me. I dance, sing and love music because it reminds me of you.

Iím so afraid that someday I wonít be able to remember you anymore, with each year the memories blur more and more. Sometimes I canít even remember the sound of your voice or what you looked like.

I hope you forgive me that I donít visit your grave but I rather think of you sitting in your ďpiano roomĒ than looking at a cold stone.

I wish every person on this planet could be like you. You took me the way I was and never questioned anything I did. I know you had your flaws too but I wouldnít have it any other way.

I hope I will meet you someday in heaven, grandpa.
Iíll never find someone like you again.

BR549
12-03-11, 07:04 PM
This is a wonderful story! I'm glad that you shared it with us. :)

julesjampot
12-03-11, 07:06 PM
Bless you,this touched my heart luv jules

anonymouslyadd
12-03-11, 07:25 PM
Touching story littleone. You almost brought me to tears at one point.