View Full Version : I know this is a long shot but, any schizoids around?

msmedieval
12-07-11, 02:03 AM
I hope I'm not the only one with SPD around here..... if there's anyone else, I'm interested in knowing how you deal with both ADHD & SPD together. I can't be the only social wreck around here.

& before you say it, yes, I've been on the Schizoid forums website , & no I didn't like it.

Retromancer
12-11-11, 05:19 AM
Just curious: Where does being a solitary introvert end and schizoid personality disorder begin?

Abi
12-11-11, 06:42 AM
I wish I were SPD.

Teach me how, then I can become one and you'll have an SPD friend.

msmedieval
12-18-11, 01:03 AM
Just curious: Where does being a solitary introvert end and schizoid personality disorder begin?

To me, solitary introverts like their "me" time but will still have a very few friends (or want to). They're warm & care about other people, they have / will have relationships (family or romantic) & express emotions. Schizoids on the other hand, are not affected by anything or anyone, don't care really. Would rather stay single cause having a partner is not "comfortable", can't communicate with people (or don't even want to), no friends, & are generally seen "cold". Doesn't mean we're bad, although sometimes I do things to others that normal people see as "hearless", we just don't feel things in the same intensity that normal people do.

I wish I were SPD.

Teach me how, then I can become one and you'll have an SPD friend.

Haha! Thank you but you don't want it, trust me! Especially with ADD it's strange. I'm a stone statue one minute then the moment something "fun" comes along my ADD jumps in & I behave like a child high on sugar. It's confusing to people. One guy I recently talked to in my old department (at work) told me he's been telling everyone I was a b*tch cause he used to walk into an area & get 'hello's from everyone but me (cause I didn't know him). Wow...... thanks a lot?

Problem_Dog
01-02-12, 02:16 PM
I do see a lot of my self in the descriptions I've read but I think I'm probably NOT Schizoid. I'm actually trying real hard to not be a friendless loner. I'm curious do you really consider yourself to have absolutely no friends at all? Exactly how closely would you say the "text book" example applies to you and your life, and are there exceptions? ...if you don't mind me asking, of course.

vanishingact
01-18-12, 01:45 PM
Fellow schizoid here.

In fact, I am a schizoid of schizoids. It's bad, knowing you can't even talk to people you understand. :rolleyes:

Smilodon_UP
01-19-12, 03:23 AM
[...] although sometimes I do things to others that normal people see as "heartless", we just don't feel things in the same intensity that normal people do.
I might add here as well that compassion, or humanity, is rarely the 'shiny & nice' version most folks associate with that emotion. In many instances doing the right thing or taking the better path is by no means at all the easy choice.

And I agree with your assessment of solitary introverts - sometimes you can reach out all you want and still end up isolated. Good luck explaining that to most 'normal' folks however.

[...]One guy I recently talked to in my old department (at work) told me he's been telling everyone I was a b*tch cause he used to walk into an area & get 'hello's from everyone but me (cause I didn't know him). Wow...... thanks a lot?
Yeah, that one gets annoying - people like that never stop to think, "Did {x} not see/hear me, or just not feel like talking at the moment?"

But really, what the hell does it even matter if a greeting or three gets missed? Is the world going to end or something?

shamrock
01-19-12, 09:15 PM
But really, what the hell does it even matter if a greeting or three gets missed? Is the world going to end or something?

I like that....in fact I like that so much that Im going to steal it and use it some day.:):)