View Full Version : I think my chronic fatigue may have upgraded to Fibromyalgia

whatsthebuzz
12-07-11, 10:56 AM
I've had chronic fatigue on and off for the last 5 years . Some time it was not so bad, other times it was horrendous with the worst one that happened about 3 years ago. Now in the recent days I assumed it was back. But I could def notice that there was something different this time . It was like chronic fatigue was back...with a vengeance! I have never felt so much pain over my whole body. The fatigue used to be the worst part but now the pain has kindly taken over that place. The worst thing is not just the pain but how long it lasts. yesterday night I was in such pain for 4.5 hours and it just would not let up , even for a bit. I felt like I must have gone through all the different stages of dying in just one night .

I'm feeling a bit better now (or else I wouldn't be able to write this) I'm just scared its only a matter of time before I feel worse again.

Fortune
12-07-11, 11:19 AM
I have fibromyalgia, and it seems to alternate among:

A lot of fatigue and excessive sleeping
A lot of pain
Both
Less pain and/or fatigue

Usually when I have a lot of fatigue and brain fog, I don't get a lot of pain. When I do get the two combined, things are just terrible.

That said, I'm not sure that CFS/ME would change to fibro, although both have a lot in common. My understanding is that CFS/ME has more fatigue and FMS has more pain, and I have heard of people diagnosed with both.

whatsthebuzz
12-07-11, 05:32 PM
I haven't be diagnosed with Fibromyalgia . But I've have CF before and this is def not CF. I might very well have both but I haven't been fatigued in a long time ..not even now. I just feel like I'm in alot of pain.