View Full Version : Just my endorsement for meditation

Skiwampus
12-07-11, 02:33 PM
I just wanted to share my limited experience with meditation this last couple weeks.

I have always been interested in eastern spirituality and have studied mindfulness and meditation while studying psychology in college. I have known that it works for a lot of people but, for some reason, never really tried getting into it for myself.

These last couple weeks, though, with the help of a book ("The Complete Idiot's Guides to Meditation"), I have found that I am starting to enjoy it quite a bit. Granted, it was pretty tough for the first few days but it is getting easier and easier to get into a "zen" state. I am up to fifteen minutes a day now which isn't a lot, but is an achievement for my ADHD mind.

It seems to help a lot with my anxiety and overall stress levels. One time I actually had a hard time standing up for a few minutes after a session because I just felt so relaxed--almost as if I had a couple drinks or something (without a "drunk" feeling).

Anyway, I just wanted to give meditation my thumbs up.

Skiwampus
12-14-11, 04:05 PM
Another week into it and I am loving it more and more.

Definitely takes practice and a little discipline at first, but it gets easier--I promise. Last night I totally had a "flying through space" moment with a disconnect from my ego; did I get a glimpse into "nirvana"?

Glad I am finally discovering something that many people have known and sworn by for centuries = ).