View Full Version : Issue with Celexa and Wellbutrin

feelme03
12-09-11, 01:53 PM
I have been on 30mg Celexa for depression for about 10 years, and 450 mg of Wellbutrin for a few months now. My dr. added 100 mg. of Wellbutrin, at first, because I didn't think the Celexa was working. Then I was diagnosed with ADHD by a psychologist and said I should be on stimulants. The dr. perscribing the meds said I should increase the Wellbutrin instead, because it's supposed to be good for depression and ADHD.

The Celexa always made me feel jittery and gave me energy. When I started taking the Wellbutrin, it kind of slowed me down and I didn't want to do anything. I started back to college and have done pretty well, but I don't know if it's from the Wellbutin, it does kind of help in the attention department. Sometimes I drink soda so I feel energetic enough to get off my butt and go do something, but then feel to jittery. This whole thing is just becoming a battle and just about ready to get off all these meds!

I guess I'm just asking if anyone has gone through this kind of experience? Should I try and convince the dr. that I should try a stimulant? Thanks

Blueranne
12-09-11, 02:47 PM
450mg of wellbutrin is quite a bit. How do you feel with only 300mg? Also, it is advised to not drink caffeine while taking wellbutrin. You should be able to find the exact info in the list of cautions/side-effects that comes with your script when you fill the wellbutrin. Are you seeing a family doctor or a psychiatrist? That can make a real difference in finding the right med combo.

hollywood
12-09-11, 04:47 PM
I think the recommended doses used to be alot higher , like 700 or something , but it causes seizures in some people so they lowered it to 450 for the max. I don't get it , how in the world do you tolerate celexa? It certainly doesn't give me a bit of energy.

feelme03
12-14-11, 12:52 PM
I cut my meds to 350 mg after what you said, Blueranne, and don't feel so weird as I did before. I did read the directions, and didn't see anything about not drinking coffee just alcohol, which I do have occasionally. Wellbutrin is supposed to curb your desires for alot of our bad habits, but sometimes I still crave certain things. Maybe I have RDSyndrome.