View Full Version : Huge Tolerance!!!

LYF BYON BIPOLR
12-11-11, 04:45 AM
I am so frustrated...I cannot sleep. I have been up since 7am on Thurs, Dec. 8. It is not Sun. Dec. 11 at 345 am. Seriously, no sleep. I am on 60 celexa, 5 abilify and 30 vyvance in the am. Now, here is the good part. I take 300 trazodone, 30 ristoril and 6 melatonin just to try to get to sleep. And here I sit. It has been almost 72 hours. What am I supposed to do??? I know I will be at the pdoc on Mon and camp out.

cplisko0705
01-15-12, 11:48 AM
I would try seroquel. I also have a Diagnoses of ADHD BPD and general anxiety disorder, but im really starting to think that the real issue here is ADHD. I also have had a long history of insomnia, tryin sleep meds from a to z. Ambien Lunesta trazadone... None seemed to work. THe medication i am on now is called doxepin. I like this medicine because like seroquel it blocks adrenaline. seroquel is the only other med i have been on that does this but its side effects were not worth the while. THere was significant weight gain lag in the mornings and a lot of hunger. SO TRY DOXEPIN. its not a common sleep aid but common sleep aids dont seem to work for us. PS i also use vyvance 60mg. I have never slept so well

known_guy
01-15-12, 03:29 PM
I would definitely stop taking the Restoril (just my opinion). As for what may be useful to get you sleeping, I would try asking the psychiatrist about trying Remeron (which means you'll probably cut down on or drop the Trazodone) or keeping it and adding on Clonidine or Guanfacine. Guanfacine (Tenex) is prescribed to people who experience nightmares. I believe Clonidine is supposed to be more sedating than Guanfacine. Just throwing ideas. Oh, and to add to the above post regarding Seroquel, I was once prescribed this to help me sleep but I found it to be ineffective. Works for some people though.