View Full Version : Started Focalin xr again

Chace90
12-19-11, 04:45 PM
I just recently started Focalin XR again. But I also just started taking Klonopin 0.5mg twice a day. I find Focalin on its own to be a bit sedating(not really sedating but just very relaxing) so I have been pretty tired the past few days. Does anyone have any experience with the two and does the tired feeling go away after a while for either one or both?

foggedup
12-19-11, 07:38 PM
I remember feeling like a zombie when I started .25mg klonopin (2x/day), but holy moly the panic and anxiety stopped! That feeling went away in a couple weeks. Now all it does is relax me enough so I can take those deep belly breaths (I do high shallow breathing when anxing).

Chace90
12-19-11, 09:00 PM
I remember feeling like a zombie when I started .25mg klonopin (2x/day), but holy moly the panic and anxiety stopped! That feeling went away in a couple weeks. Now all it does is relax me enough so I can take those deep belly breaths (I do high shallow breathing when anxing).

People keep saying that benzos have very strong effects on them. I just started on .5mg (2x/day), the only thing I have noticed is my anxiety is gone and I haven't had a panic attack(no zombie feeling like I had on Ritalin.) However the first two days I did notice I was very relaxed(not fatigued or tired). Now I just get very relaxed for the first 2 hours after that I just have no anxiety for the next 8 hours. I take it every 12 hours but in those 2 hours its still working somewhat so I don't have any serious anxiety. I love being able to go into a public area without having my heart pounding, blood pressure through the roof, sweating, and my thoughts racing. The worst was not being able to think clear enough to even form a sentence when someone I didn't know would talk to me.

hollywood
12-20-11, 10:03 AM
I really don't know if your asking about is focalin sedating or is klon. I have no experience with benzo's. I've never taken one. Personally, I feel that focalin is relaxing, it does kind of feel rather sedating. I really am not certain. It's kind of hard to measure. Today , I took concerta instead and it's not really sedating at all. I guess its the cleaned up dexmethylphenidate that allows for better focus is a bit relaxing. So , yeah the two of them may be overly sedating.

Chace90
12-22-11, 09:33 PM
Yeah I am starting to think this is a bad combo for me. I think I will see if I can switch from Focalin xr to Dexedrine. Adderall xr caused some anxiety but not tool much so I may try that as well.