View Full Version : Does Wellbutrin help with brain fog?

taylor00257
12-24-11, 02:26 AM
I'm just about to start Wellbutrin tomorrow morning and wonder if it will help my brain fog? I started to get really bad brain fog when I first stopped 4 different meds 5 years ago all cold turkey and all at the same time (imiprimine, zyprexa, clonazapam, and prozac). I was sort of forced to stopped them all, all at once. I'm hoping this will help lift that feeling.

taylor00257
12-24-11, 03:03 AM
I do believe that I had adhd symptoms before going on those meds and stopping them. Stopping them just really gave me brain fog, that while it is better than how it was at first, I still have issues with memory

StoicNate
12-24-11, 03:18 AM
I never was on Wellbutrin, but I do have memory issues (not on meds also).
There are some people on here that take Wellbutrin and should be able to answer your question. I am curious about it too.

taylor00257
12-24-11, 10:50 PM
I just took my first dose an hour ago and I do feel more clear headed, less foggy. But I'm not sure if this is a placebo affect or if its helping

ponychompers
12-26-11, 08:55 AM
Keep in mind I was taking it for what had been diagnosed as depression, as I wasn't diagnosed as having ADHD at the time. Wellbutrin seemed to make my memory worse, though I felt more clear-headed, if that makes sense. Like an illusion. I felt better but my perception of feeling better wasn't reflected in what was actually happening in terms of clear thinking. I made some careless but semi-major mistakes at work that took some creative problem solving so that I didn't get fired. I might have made those mistakes anyway, being ADHD and all, but they happened shortly after I started taking Wellbutrin.

I felt better on it than without it, though. So there's that.

known_guy
12-26-11, 09:43 PM
I also was prescribed it primarily for major depression (it sounded like an appropriate fit for me, given the ADHD). I recall experiencing a "brain fog" after stopping my at-the-time combo of Remeron and Strattera. Oh, and Xanax, that definitely screwed up my memory.

I sure hope the Wellbutrin XL is not messing with my memory. It doesn't feel like it...