View Full Version : Will i get beta blockers?

Bugatti
01-01-12, 03:00 PM
Im on adderall and i get nervous all the time, especially in front of groups of people like giving a speech. Will my Pysch prescribe me beta blockers?

Abi
01-01-12, 03:03 PM
I do know of people who have been prescribed propranalol (sp?) for anxiety. Should not be a problem.

Good luck.

KronarTheBlack
01-01-12, 03:57 PM
beta blockers work great I take them everyday for anxiety with my vyvanse and strattera

whatlifeforme
01-01-12, 05:15 PM
I do know of people who have been prescribed propranalol (sp?) for anxiety. Should not be a problem.

Good luck.

yeah. i take propranolol. it wasn't to offset adderall. it was given to me for anxiety as i did not want to take benzodiazepines.

cameron90
01-19-12, 11:50 AM
Beta-blockers are contraindicated with amphetamines in large dosages. Shouldn't apply if you're taking proper therapeutic dosage:

There is a concern that it could be dangerous to take beta-blockers such as Atenolol or Propranolol with adrenergic stimulants such as amphetamines or ephedrine because they act on (agonize/activate) both alpha- and beta-adrenergic receptors. There are reasons to be concerned about high doses of the combinations of these, but there is little evidence of real world harms caused by combining the two.

Never use a beta blocker to treat an acute amphetamine overdose.

/Public safety announcement :cool: