View Full Version : I have a few questions?

karbouris
01-02-12, 01:50 AM
I am at the end of my rope.... Adderall makes me hateful... Dex makes me restless... And it waxes and wanes too much... I like Ritalin.... However The comedown makes me borderline suicidal.... SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have a few questions...
1. does it make you all antisocial? this is a big one...
2. Does it make you aggressive...? I tell most people to stick it where the sun don't shine when on Adderall. ( I hate almost everybody..)
3. Do you feel like you are in a constant brain fart... Adderall makes me forget things mid sentence...
this and provigil are the only two I haven't been on. Any help is appreciated. :)

tambourine-man
01-03-12, 12:15 AM
I am at the end of my rope.... Adderall makes me hateful... Dex makes me restless... And it waxes and wanes too much... I like Ritalin.... However The comedown makes me borderline suicidal.... SSOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have a few questions...
1. does it make you all antisocial? this is a big one...
2. Does it make you aggressive...? I tell most people to stick it where the sun don't shine when on Adderall. ( I hate almost everybody..)
3. Do you feel like you are in a constant brain fart... Adderall makes me forget things mid sentence...
this and provigil are the only two I haven't been on. Any help is appreciated. :)

1. No.
2. No.
3. No.

This is why Desoxyn works so well for some people, including myself. Stimulants can be tough when you can't live with em and can't live without em. When side-effects interfere with treatment, Desoxyn is your best bet. Until then, it isn't worth the trouble to switch from something that is working well without side-effects.

I found my way to Desoxyn during Adderall and Dexedrine shortages. It is a temporary solution which I may make permanent... but I have to take money into consideration.

karbouris
01-03-12, 12:38 AM
I guess I will go see my PCP and request this then... :) Nothing seems to work well other than ritalin but the come downs are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too rough for my taste.

namazu
01-03-12, 01:17 AM
I guess I will go see my PCP and request this then... :) Nothing seems to work well other than ritalin but the come downs are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too rough for my taste.
Another possibility may be to change around the Ritalin dosing schedule -- since it seems to work for you, and it's just the wearing-off that's rough.

You didn't mention what your current dosing is, or what the problem is when it wears off. I'm not a doctor (not even on TV!), but if it doesn't keep you up at night, perhaps you could ask your doc about adding a late-afternoon/evening dose to hold you until bedtime.

Just a thought. For me, adding a night-time dose has made bedtime much smoother (and, interestingly, earlier!).

karbouris
01-03-12, 03:25 AM
Well if I had I had it my way it would like two Ritalin LA's or Metadate CD's. And an ambien or xanex to make me chill out cause I get cranky when it wears off. I just get really mad when adderall wears off. I am kinda attracted to the "subtle" effects of Desoxyn...

tambourine-man
01-03-12, 11:01 AM
Well if I had I had it my way it would like two Ritalin LA's or Metadate CD's. And an ambien or xanex to make me chill out cause I get cranky when it wears off. I just get really mad when adderall wears off. I am kinda attracted to the "subtle" effects of Desoxyn...

Focalin could be a good option too. Have you tried it?

pechemignonne
01-03-12, 11:16 AM
I take an XR in the morning and an IR in the late afternoon to prevent the "crash".

So, Concerta in the morning, and then a half-dose of Ritalin in the late afternoon. When I say half-dose, I mean half the dose I used to take when I was taking Ritalin 3x a day. I was taking 20mg three times a day, and so I take 10 mg in the afternoons to supplement the Concerta now.

karbouris
01-03-12, 04:08 PM
Focalin could be a good option too. Have you tried it?
I tried focalin.... I have no impulse control. Focalin, Intuiv, Strattera, and adding any kind of anti-Physc are about the same for me. I am impulsive, I scream and cry over everything. I am not like that naturally. LOL. However I am going to try a month run on like Two Ritalin LA's or Metadate CD's a day. I am also going to start Metformin (Hopefully).... I mean like on Ritalin I have to force myself to do what I need to do... But I do have impulse control... I also feel like a better focused version of "me".... I actually learn to do what I need to do. Stuff like Buproion? Make me less anxious... And then I "don't care" when I get frustrated. I refuse to treat anything other than my ADHD. I am the way I am for a reason. It always has worked for me. :-)

karbouris
01-03-12, 04:09 PM
I take an XR in the morning and an IR in the late afternoon to prevent the "crash".

So, Concerta in the morning, and then a half-dose of Ritalin in the late afternoon. When I say half-dose, I mean half the dose I used to take when I was taking Ritalin 3x a day. I was taking 20mg three times a day, and so I take 10 mg in the afternoons to supplement the Concerta now.
I might try this. However I want my ambien back. LOL.

tambourine-man
01-04-12, 01:13 AM
I might try this. However I want my ambien back. LOL.

It sounds like you just don't tolerate MPH. Maybe you should look into Desoxyn.

karbouris
01-04-12, 03:20 PM
It sounds like you just don't tolerate MPH. Maybe you should look into Desoxyn.

oh i do. I was on Ritalin through the ages of 3-12. They stuck me on Statterra when I was 12. I hated it...... I was on Geodon when I turned 18... I stopped everything cold turkey. (don't let em' fool you, you won't die if you abruptly stop
a anti physc med. I actually took Lithium by itself to wean myself off and sleep... ) Didn't take anything for over a year. Started adderall a year ago... Switched between Adderall and Ritalin... I have decided on Ritalin.. I just want to be my hyperactive, highly creative self, as well as focus and organize my thoughts. Sure I am depressed, and anxious... Why treat it? I am depressed and anxious for a reason... Once you can figure out why you are the way you are deal with it! I know I have to. I also know that not everybody is the same... I am also not say adhd is an excuse... However I want to be able to deal with things as come in a more natural manner, and make the changes as such.

Yellow
01-06-12, 05:38 AM
not to sound like an ******* or seem facetious but maybe stims arent for u, dont work with ur biochemistry

karbouris
01-06-12, 02:44 PM
not to sound like an ******* or seem facetious but maybe stims arent for u, dont work with ur biochemistry
I understand. I am just going to stay on Ritalin and add Metformin to the mix. I can handle stimulants... I just refuse to be an apathic drone.. I had become mildly dependent on adderall and my relationships with others have suffered. I have been on Ritalin for going on two months now... I have healed my relationships with my parent, my boyfriend, and my people at work. I just need to tinker with what dose what be best for me. :-)

Yellow
01-06-12, 10:29 PM
well i wish u good luck and success with the new year