View Full Version : Shortages to continue in 2012

Impetus
01-02-12, 04:58 PM
well, it looks like the shortages aren't going to let up any time soon.

it's a real bummer that I finally felt like I could go back to college, only to have this stupidity going on in the background. :(

http://www.inquisitr.com/174713/adhd-drug-shortage-expected-to-continue-into-2012/

I fail to see the sense in punishing an entire group of people for the actions of others!

Now someone will come in and point out some historical reference where this has happened before....

The DEA sucks!

mrhomegrown22
01-02-12, 05:38 PM
Im in the same boat. I am a junior at a university in Ca and I have realy bad ADHD. I am going back to Psychiatrist in a few weeks hopefully to get back on adderall. Adderall is a blessing for me and my studies..

26 yr old male with MS who needs and benefits from Adhd meds..

fracturedstory
01-02-12, 05:47 PM
That's horrible. We've seen nothing like this in Australia but only time will tell. My country does like to follow the States. I'm already subconsciously stocking up on my meds.

anonymouslyadd
01-02-12, 05:58 PM
The DEA sucks!

They certainly do.:(

scatteredboy
01-03-12, 01:07 PM
It's terrible though that Shire has plenty of raw ingredients to make name brand drugs. From what I've read the DEA doesn't take into account brand/generics when it sets quotas. So, there might be a huge shortage with generic products but plenty of brand name products available and in the eyes of the DEA that means there is no shortage of raw ingredients. It's disgusting what we've all had to endure the last several months.

pechemignonne
01-03-12, 01:26 PM
That's horrible. We've seen nothing like this in Australia but only time will tell. My country does like to follow the States. I'm already subconsciously stocking up on my meds.
No problems here either, in Canada.

Anna3000
01-03-12, 11:35 PM
I spoke to someone @ Shire today re: the vyvance coupon for 50% off. Apparently, it will be continuing this year - through May 31st, supposedly. Now, this isn't related to the shortage of adderall but for me, I went on vivance becuase I couldn't get adderall. But, I am now in the position of having to pay a kings ransome for medication... It would be nice to not have to pay $175.00/month (with insurance) for 1 prescription - until I reach my deductible.. I should stop complaining - at least I can get this... I know there are sooo many people that can't get the medication they need. I hope this gets better - and SOON!!!!!!

foggedup
01-07-12, 05:22 AM
"We have reached out to the D.E.A..."
Well you need to reach out and b!+ch-slap them!

(dreading tomorrow, I've blocked off the day to call pharmacies...)

Notepad
01-07-12, 06:24 AM
ah finally shortage has arrived to my neighborhood.

safeway pharmacy supplier has zero adderall

i wonder if it is true

seems so unlikely