View Full Version : The weight has lifted (officially diagnosed!)

happytrails
01-04-12, 04:09 PM
With the help of this forum to outline my points and give me the courage to bring up the issues I've been struggling with for quite some time, and the desire to improve my quality of life for my self and my family and my work environment, I went to the doctor today and was given positive confirmation of what I've suspected for a while now. I have ADHD-PI.

I was prescribed 30 mg Vyvanse as a starting point. He is having me keep a record of its effect on me throughout the day and come back and see him in a month if we need to adjust it.

I nearly started crying as he was asking me questions and I filled out his questionnaire...nearly every sentence seemed to apply to me. It felt like a big relief to finally have the long, rambling thoughts tied up in succinct sentences.

Now the real journey begins as I learn to cope with this and become an effective person that can take control of my life. I'm feeling positive that with the right treatment I can do that.

Thanks to everyone that had responded to my posts before, and given me encouragement via PM, and for being here to talk about this. There's no reason for us all to just live with these symptoms and I think we all deserve to be productive, well-rounded people and our loved ones deserve to benefit from it as well.

emploding
01-04-12, 06:01 PM
It is a relief to finally have answers, isn't it. I hope meds help and you and you start to see an improvement!

CheekyMonkey
01-04-12, 08:21 PM
yay! Glad it brought you some peace!

Viral47
01-05-12, 01:07 PM
I hope things work out for you I know the feeling.

quark
01-06-12, 12:55 AM
Be sure to hang out in the Vyvanse forum as you get used to the dose.

sarahsweets
01-06-12, 05:42 AM
Happy! I'm so glad for you! I've been following your journey so congrats!

dusty1
01-06-12, 10:40 AM
I'm so glad! I had the same sense of relief and tears when I was finally dx. It was as if someone said "this..this is what's going on and it's not your fault."

happytrails
01-06-12, 08:49 PM
I'm so glad! I had the same sense of relief and tears when I was finally dx. It was as if someone said "this..this is what's going on and it's not your fault."

EXACTLY!! And the whole "You aren't making this up or talking yourself into a condition that doesn't really exist...because it does!" feeling.

Anna3000
01-08-12, 08:33 PM
I'm happy for you can relate to your sentiments! You are right - you can "become an effective person that can take control of my life. I'm feeling positive that with the right treatment I can do that". Good for you - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!