View Full Version : How hard is it to find desoxyn?

dominil
01-07-12, 09:36 PM
I was just wondering if this is hard to find because i have been having a terrible time finding any dexedrine IR tablets. I really like dexedrine, meijer said they could get my enough for this month but other than that everywhere is telling me its all on backorder for an unknown amount of time. So i was just wondering if desoxyn is hard to find/ on shortage also. In case i need to switch due to the shortage, also adderall is not a good option for me :( .

tambourine-man
01-08-12, 03:30 AM
Is your doctor willing to prescribe it?

dominil
01-08-12, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure i haven't asked her directly but when i had to change off of strattera i brought a sheet with all the meds my insurance covered and it was on there and she seemed open to it. But like i said it would be preferrable to not switch because i like dexedrine and i hate the dosing peroids... I start at the lowest possible and only increase every 30 days. which is the safest way to do it but it get frustrating waiting and going to see the doctor all the time.

I was just curious because of the dexedrine shortage and such. Pretty much just seeing if its findable to be a possible substitute in the case of no dexedrine to be found. I haven't been on methylphenidate yet so i can try that if push comes to shove.

tambourine-man
01-08-12, 06:43 PM
Finding it is far easier than obtaining the prescription. Get a script, then we will talk.

dominil
01-09-12, 11:20 AM
I was just wondering if it is harder to find at the pharmacy than dexedrine because if it is then why would i want the script? I like dexedrine and dont want to change.

tambourine-man
01-09-12, 04:03 PM
Any pharmacy can order it. As far as I'm concerned Desoxyn is a truly superior medication, the finest stimulant on the market. But is it worth all the trouble? It's expensive as hell, it typically will have to be special ordered, and your doctor probably won't want to give it to you. Unless you can't get the meds that work for you, or no meds do work for you, I'd hold on Desoxyn.

But if you have incredible insirance and a very liberal doctor, go for it!

purpleToes
01-09-12, 06:32 PM
I'd just call up a few pharmacies and ask for the pharmacist (not a pharm tech). They'll be able to tell you if they stock it, if they can get it, and possibly they can tell you what they have observed regarding shortage.

dominil
01-11-12, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have good insurance so that wouldn't be a problem it would cost the same as dexedrine generic for me. Dexedrine is running pretty dry around here though :(. Meijer was the only one who said they could order it for my last prescription.
I just wanna reiterate that i really like dexedrine. IF it was readily available you would have to pay me a hefty sum to try a different one lol

And im a little dumb ill just ask my professors if there is any shortage on methamphetamine or anything( I'm in pharmacy school) lol

Thank you K8 your suggestion sparked my thinking to ask my profs.:)

tambourine-man
01-11-12, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I have good insurance so that wouldn't be a problem it would cost the same as dexedrine generic for me. Dexedrine is running pretty dry around here though :(. Meijer was the only one who said they could order it for my last prescription.
I just wanna reiterate that i really like dexedrine. IF it was readily available you would have to pay me a hefty sum to try a different one lol

And im a little dumb ill just ask my professors if there is any shortage on methamphetamine or anything( I'm in pharmacy school) lol

Thank you K8 your suggestion sparked my thinking to ask my profs.:)

In that case, you should go for it! If you can obtain a script, afford it, and locate it, you'd be silly not to give it a chance considering the Dex shortages.

Yellow
01-12-12, 09:39 PM
really easy to find. go to the worst part of town, look for a guy with few/no/screwed up teeth, tattoos, unkempt hair, beard, dirty and ripped clothes with a wide opened stare that talks a lot while looking around incessantly and ask him where u can get some tweaking gear lol just kidding

as for real, after u have a script, bring it to the pharmacist, ask if they can order it for you, and thats it. i wouldnt bother asking over the phone without a script, i mean, u can try, why not, its only a few minutes to do, but theyll probably say "we cant tell you that information over the phone without a prescription"

listen to the guys above, tambourine man knows what hes talkin about

purpleToes
01-20-12, 04:45 PM
...after u have a script, bring it to the pharmacist, ask if they can order it for you, and thats it. i wouldnt bother asking over the phone without a script, i mean, u can try, why not, its only a few minutes to do, but theyll probably say "we cant tell you that information over the phone without a prescription"

listen to the guys above, tambourine man knows what hes talkin about

I haven't had any problem finding out about Dexedrine over the phone. Maybe it's a regional paranoia in some parts of the country, or maybe there are different rules governing Desoxyn.

befitnessnow
02-04-12, 07:19 PM
No place had Desoxyn in stock when I first began using it but they could all order it. So I just chose one place and had them order it and now every month, they can fill my script in it's entirety because they are stocked up with a couple bottles of it a month now from me continuously getting it filled.

So most places won't have any in stock but not because of any shortage issue, just because they usually never see scripts for it and have no reason to have it on hand. So just ask if they can order it and if so, you'll be good to go, just keep going back to that specific pharmacy.

Blanched Dubois
04-22-13, 06:37 PM
I was prescribed Desoxyn today by my pdoc for severe ADHD, PTSD and med resistant depression. The first pharm i went to could not fill it but did tell me it is available and that it's covered by my insurance. He gave me information about how another pharmacist can fill it - as he is a new pharm and, evidently, can't fill C2 scripts. I called Target Pharm and was told that the man who can order it for me is in on Wed. morning. I haven't even tried to take the script anywhere else because I can't think and am having such severe exhaustion/hyperactivity/anxiety. If anyone knows the best pharmacy to fill this script at in Bradenton/Sarasota Florida and can msg me - THANKS!!
This is my first post and the best I can muster but I want to thank the folks who created this refuge for me today. ( bad, bad day of symptoms and i've been off meds for over 2 yrs having wanted to try vegan/natural/homeopathic remedies....that almost killed me....no exaggeration at all. Once i get my Desoxyn I will do the newbie intro and read/share more here. It's all I can do not to throw this computer out the window and hide under my bed. Luckily, I'm a hi-toned ***** with unbelievable self control. Heh.

Laserbeak
08-17-13, 09:17 AM
I haven't ever had that, I'm on Adderall, but it seems to me if hicks can make meth in trailers the pharma companies can do it without blinking an eye. How can there be a shortage?

twinch42085
08-18-13, 06:10 AM
OP said they would rather stay on the Dexedrine by all means (I believe he should and I cannot vouch for Ritalin because I have never taken it.) There is no shortage of Desoxyn because it is not a common prescribed ADHD med. It is abundant unless it randomly is taken off the approved FDA list of stimulant medications used for ADHD. Meth is a "street drug" that is the exact same as Desoxyn --- To an Extent. Pharmaceutical Meth is cleaner.

<--- notice I said cleaner because there is "no Pharmaceutical medicine" that is clean (otherwise if it was clean then logically it would be correct to say that the Pharmaceutical medicine would have "0" side effects --->

Anyways,

Pharm meth and street meth are the same to an extent. What separates the two are the steps taken to reach the final goal... That goal is to take the ADHD medication (whatever color/style/branding etc.) to better the symptoms. Shortages are a pain, always will be, but having alternate methods of attacking the problem is idea/keen on being able to control the symptoms.

Good Luck (^_^)