View Full Version : Is Wellbutrin for me???

cameron90
01-19-12, 09:08 AM
I've noticed a lot of ADHDers are quite satisfied with Wellbutrin and I'm wondering if I should ask my psychiatrist to give it a go. Until recently, I have only been treated for MMD, TR and GAD. Dextroamphetamine was prescribed to treat my depression, and was one of the most consistant and effective med I tried. It was removed from my regimen after about 4 years due to tolerance and abuse (I was young and stupid).

I was relatively stable on:

20mg fluoxetine (Prozac)
0.5mg QID clonazepam (Klonopin)
2.5mg olanzapine (Zyprexa)

My new psychiatrist, specialization in ADHD, was very confident in suggesting that my GAD and MMD are co-morbid conditions to ADHD. He has changed my Rx to this:

60mg mirtazepine (Remeron)
0.5mg clonazepam (Klonopin)
10mg TID dextroamphetamine

I'm feeling ok, but not that great. I just took my last dose of Prozac a few nights ago and the mirtazepine was increased from 30 to 60mg so I'm not sure if anything is actually working properly right now. All I know is that the Remeron makes me really groggy in the morning, to the extend that I cannot physically get out of bed.

Any suggestions? Comments? Success stories with Wellbutrin? Horror stories?

hollywood
01-19-12, 10:11 AM
yeah I think wellbutrin works well especially for adhd and mood regulation and you won't feel the medication peaks or valleys as much. Honestly , it can kind of blunt your stimulants effect but extend it's overall duration of effect. I think if I look back and get over it I do better without wellbutrin, my mood is definitely more inconsistent but I have better peak abilities to focus , so thats a bonus without it.